Jan 16, 2013
* * * * *
Category: Funny, Science & Nature
That still leaves a lot of germs. how do they survive.
Um, that equation is finding 1% not .01% of 200 million. . . . Just saying.
When you include the percent sign the equation is correct. But I do understand where you’re coming from, leaving on the percent sign is misleading. When I was in school, we couldn’t just “leave the percent sign on” and have the calculator convert for us, we had to know that .01% mean to multiply by .0001.
@Andrew, get your Excel spreadsheet and multiply 20MM by 0.01 and by 0.01%… Remember to add the “%” sign at the end… Just saying…
Equation is correct. My question is whether the 99.99% claim is volume or type. Does it kill 99.99% of the 200 million in a sneeze, or does it kill 99.99% of all the different varieties of germs, leaving some types of germs safe?
You guys need to get laid
Still more effective than a flu shot. Just saying!
HAHA! So true
Not really. Don’t spread lies.
The math is off.. 99.99% leaves 0.01% which if multiplied by 200,000,000 would be 200,000,000 * 0.0001 not 0.01 which is 1.0%. This is why a decimal is so important.. so there is only 20,000 germs left on your hand.. (which is still gross) but better!!
The other comments already said this, but here it goes again: The cartoon is multiplying 200,000,000 by 0.01% not by 0.01. Just like you said, 0.01 is not the same as 0.01%, so pay attention to that when you read the comic too.
I love watching you little people argue about 5th grade math like it’s actually difficult. Thanks for giving me more proof that I really am smarter than the average bear.
(We'll never share your info)