9. Queen Soraya and Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlevi of Iran
When the Shah and Empress of Iran married in 1951, the word of the day was opulence. The bride wore a custom Christian Dior gown in addition to a crown and numerous gems.
8. Queen Felicia Ortiz and King Felipe of Spain
Smart, sleek, sexy – those are the words that come to mind when describing the nuptial gown of Princess Letizia in her wedding to her prince in 2004.
7. Mabel Wisse Smit and Prince Johan Friso of Norway
When Mabel Wisse Smit wed the prince of Norway in 2004, her gown was bedecked in bows, and she wore a short, stylish train to match.
6. Crown Princess Masako and Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan
When Crown Princess Masako of Japan wed the Crown Prince, she wore two wedding gowns – one was a Western ivory-colored gown, and the other was a traditional gown that weighed 30 pounds and was topped off with a white wig.
5. Queen Rania of Jordan and Prince Abdullah
In 1993, 22-year-old Rania married Prince Abdullah in 1993 after less than a year of courtship. She wore a gold-trimmed gown that is the stuff of every girl’s dreams.