Online marketing startup Curalate tracked the popularity of hundreds of thousands of images on Pinterest. Then they analyzed their data to see if they could come up with a list of attributes that the most popular pictures had in common.
According to their results, here is how to increase the odds of your photo being popular on Pinterest…
- Avoid human faces.
- Have a minimal background, ideally white.
- Include multiple dominant colors.
- Feature lots of red or orange.
- Use moderate light and color.
- Orient the image vertically with an aspect ration between 2:3 and 4:5.
So is there an example image that exemplifies these attributes?
Why, yes there is. This photo of “Aunt Peggy’s Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad” from Paula Deen…
Read more analysis at Wired.
Share on Facebook