Sometimes, when it comes to what we eat, we would rather just not know what goes into the foods we enjoy.
So if that “ignorance is bliss” thinking is your preferred approach, you might not want to keep reading. There’s nothing nasty or gross revealed, but you’ll still be shocked at how something as seemingly “untouched” as fruits and vegetables can be treated in ways never imagined.
Take the apples you find at a grocery store.
You think “What you see is what you get” with them, right?
Well, not quite. Not at all, actually.
If you drop a regular, non-organic, store-bought apple in hot water (not boiling, just really warm), you'll realize that you've been ignoring a troubling reality.
They are absolutely COVERED in wax.
The wax isn’t toxic or dangerous to consume, but it’s likely an ingredient you didn’t know you were consuming your entire life.
Here's what the residue looks like. Not dangerous, but not exactly appetizing, either, is it?