For whatever reason, advertisers seem to have decided that all commercials have to take place in an alternate reality.
Take infomercials, for example. Every single infomercial takes place in a universe where simple tasks have somehow become impossible.
As for other commercials, they're all marked by women doing very specific things which approximately zero women actually do in real life.
1. Have blue periods.Obviously. I had to start with this one. I'm just gonna say it. There is nothing normal or helpful about pouring blue liquid on a menstrual pad.
2. Play tennis while on their periods.
via: ShutterstockWhile wearing white, of course. And always with a smile.
3. Smile while washing their face.I actually three complaints about facewash commercials. The first is exactly what's going on in the GIF above. Why is Hayden Panettiere smiling so much as she scrubs her face?
4. Rinse their face by splashing water on it.Are you trying to flood your entire bathroom? 'Cause that's how you flood your entire bathroom. No one has ever rinsed their face like this in the history of time.
5. And finally, touch their face right after washing it.Isn't the whole point of washing your face to avoid getting germs and bacteria on your skin? The answer is, of course, yes.
6. Shave completely hairless legs.
via: ShutterstockIt's hard to choose which of these commercial tropes is the most unrealistic, but this is definitely right up there. What are these women doing, shaving their legs that already have no hair on them?