Paralysis is a terrifying concept. The idea of losing the ability to move, which we so often take for granted, is terrifying. The worst part? The fact that this kind of life-altering change could be caused by something seemingly insignificant.
For one twenty-three-year-old paramedic from London, UK, this fear became a terrifying reality. She was simply stretching when she cracked her neck, something that many of us do daily. But after she heard her neck pop, she realized that something had gone horribly wrong.
Not only had the movement caused the young woman to have a stroke, the repercussions also left her paralyzed on one side of her body. And the reason that she didn't immediately call for an ambulance?
Well, it's certainly relatable! Keep reading to find out more.