News broke this afternoon that beauty influencer, Ethan Is Supreme, had passed away at the tender age of just 17.
Now, Ethan’s close friends have confirmed the cause of his death.
Keep scrolling to learn more.
Rest in peace.
The beauty influencer was just 17 at the time of his untimely death.
Real name, Ethan Peters, died at some point in the past day, according to his close friend and musician Ava Louise.
Ethan’s death drew a strong reaction in the beauty and YouTube community.
People such as Tana Mongeau, Manny MUA and Grace Auten, among others, posted tributes to their late friend who was just getting his feet wet in the biz.
But his career was only just getting started and his fanbase was rapidly growing on a steady basis.
And his friend Ava claims she wished she could have done more to help curb his addiction.
She claimed his addiction as being fueled by fame at a young age. She added that he cried out for help but that tragically it didn’t prevent his death.
My best friend in the entire world, my twin flame…..the only person there for me when I had no one. I love you Ethan, I am at a loss for words. I wish I knew how bad it was. I know what you’d want me to say to the Internet rn but I’m to heartbroken to say it. Rip.
I had to pull Ethan aside in recent weeks and have talks with him about his usage. Everyone close to him was scared. I just wish I fucking tried harder I fucking wish I yelled at him more I wish I didn’t enable a single pill he popped.
Get your friends REAL help before it’s to late. Ethan told me a week ago he wanted help…I wish I forced him I wish I yelled at him. I fucking wish I didn’t let him do pills in front of me. This pain is insane.
She shared numerous hotlines and said that addiction shouldn’t be shamed but should rather be discussed.
Ethan had an addiction and addiction should not be shamed. I’m openly discussing his cause of death to save the next kid from a perc. He was so bright and so smart. He needed to live. He was more than his demons and you all are to. Please get help. Call 1-800-662-4357.
Ethan was well liked and well respected in the beauty industry. About a year ago he turned to drugs due to the pressure of being famous online at such a young age. He became problematic recently due to drug induced mania. He’s a good fucking person. He didn’t deserve to die.
Rest in peace ethan @trashqueenethan you were so incredibly talented at such a young age. i know he’s made many many mistakes… but to say he deserved to pass away is horrible and inhuman. i pray for his family and loved ones, a horrible loss ?
One person wrote:
So, according to Cole Carrigan, Ethan is Supreme has passed away. This is heartbreaking. He was very young. This year bites
ANY of y’all celebrating a child’s death…have being a sociopath. ethan is supreme passing is tragic regardless of what he did. a child overdosing is the worst it can get
From when Ethan was allegedly racist on numerous occasions.
No matter what anybody has said, the death of a young teenager is always a tragedy.
why do y’all post about september being suicide awareness month and then ur next post is laughing that Ethan is supreme died of a drug overdose. no matter ur opinion on him that’s horrible
Another took to Twitter to claim that now is not the time to bring up Ethan’s past.
Idc if ethanissupreme was a horrible person, but he’s dead. I seriously don’t think y’all understand the gravity of someone being DEAD. The fact that y’all want to bring up his problematic behavior when he passed mere hours ago is horrific. People are mourning. Now’s not the time
As one Twitter user put it:
So I get that Ethan Supreme was a little pain in the ass kid, but its obvious he had problems. The fact that a lot of yall are sitting here GLAD that a CHILD is dead is making me physically ill. Its recovery awareness month.. get yourself educated bc you could be next. RIP ethan
According to Ava Louise, Ethan died from an apparent overdose of what might be Percocet (an opioid).
The Purple Rain singer was taking the prescription pain reliever to treat chronic pain at the time of his death.
They took to Twitter writing:
2 f***ing pills took my friends life and entire fandoms are literally creating meme videos laughing about it. y’all are fucked up.
Allegedly showing him just moments before his death with his teeth chattering – reportedly from withdrawal symptoms to drugs.
It’s a harrowing watch.
Our thoughts go out to Ethan’s family and friends during this hard time.