0days0hours0minutes0seconds

A mom was left physically sick after she was given chicken inside what was supposed to be a "veggie" burger at Mcdonald's.

And since her story went viral, the fast-food chain has spoken out about the incident.

Unsplash

And their statement was pretty intense, to say the least.

Now, how did chicken even end up inside a veggie burger?

Unsplash

Well, it all started off when Louise Davies, a fifty-year-old mom from the United Kingdom, decided she was going to treat herself and her daughter to a McDonald's meal.

And it was an occasion to celebrate as her daughter just finished another semester at her school.

Unsplash

But little did they know what was going to happen next.

Upon arriving at the drive-thru in Hardwicke, Gloucester, Louise ordered a Vegetable Deluxe burger which was supposed to contain 2 red pepper and pesto goujons.

Unsplash

However, instead, it contained 2 pieces of chicken.

And of course, for a vegetarian woman, it was utterly horrifying chomping down into the meat strips.

Unsplash

She told Gloucestershire Live that before this incident, she had not had any meat for almost forty-five years, but she instantly recognized the taste of chicken.

"I immediately was sick because I haven't eaten meat in over 40 years," she started.

Unsplash

"The texture and everything…I just had to rush to the toilet. That's the effect meat will have on me. Even the smell of it, I don't like."

She continued:

Shutterstock

"I didn't actually eat it, I bit into it and straight away I vomited. I spat it out and threw up. I didn't think to look in it, I just thought it was a veggie burger."

Louise added that once she'd taken the bite, she couldn't eat anything all evening.

Unsplash

"It just reminded me of being a child in my grandma's kitchen, just the taste of it. It made me feel sick even then," she said.

​She also said she felt "betrayed" by the fast-food company.

Unsplash

"I now can't trust anything from McDonald's to be vegetarian. It's not the best place to get vegetarian food to be honest if they're that careless. I feel upset and a bit betrayed."

It wasn't until the next morning when Louise managed to consume something.

Unsplash

The saving grace: a strawberry, pineapple, banana, and blackberry smoothie.

Upon hearing the story, there was a mixed reception from people, with many asking this one question:

Facebook

And now, McDonald's themselves have spoken out about the incident.

Unsplash

A spokesperson for the fast-food chain said this: "We absolutely recognize that it is not acceptable to serve meat when our vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologize to the customer for the mistakes that were made in this case."

"This was simply not good enough," they added.

Unsplash

"We have a number of procedures in place to avoid inaccurate orders, but in this case, these were clearly not followed, and we are looking into why this occurred."

Yikes.

For more news, keep scrolling...