Surviving Children Give Chilling Account of What Happened to Brother Killed in Houston Apartment

Share on Facebook

The siblings of the boy whose skeletal remains were found in a Texas apartment have shared their heartbreaking recollection of events…

Warning: This article contains graphic details of abuse that some readers may find upsetting.

Not only sharing what happened on the tragic day their brother was murdered…

But also gutwrenching details of the abuse they suffered.

The child’s body is said to have been decomposing for a year.

It comes after the children’s mom and her boyfriend were recently arrested and charged.

The story has broken hearts all over the world.

The 3 children were found living alone with the remains of their 8-year-old brother by police in Houston.

Sheriff Ed Gonzalez of the Harris County Sheriff’s Department said there had been a “very horrific situation” in which children, aged fifteen, 10, and 7, had been left alone “for an extended period of time.”

As per Fox 4 News, police said that the fifteen-year-old had called the Harris County Sheriff’s Office on Sunday.

The child told the authorities that his 8-year-old brother had been dead for a year and the body was inside the apartment.

The outlet reports that Gonzalez told reporters when the officers attended the address, they found the siblings living alone.

The other child’s skeletal remains were also found.

The 3 children were taken to hospital to be assessed…

As they appeared to be “malnourished and showed signs of physical injury.”

“Very tragic. Been in this business for a long time and I had never heard of a scenario like this. It really caught me by surprise,” Gonzalez said.

“We’re gonna make sure we do everything we can and make sure we conduct a thorough follow-up investigation and make sure that the kids are okay.”

On October 25th, Gonzalez also shared an update on the case.

He shared information that the mother of the children was found, with her boyfriend.

At first, the mother and her boyfriend were interviewed by officers but later released…

Which as you can imagine, prompted some questions online.

But, the children’s mom, Gloria Williams and her boyfriend, Brian Coulter, have since been arrested and charged.

Coulter has been charged with murder, while Williams has been charged with felony injury to a child by omission, and tampering with evidence (human corpse), NBC Los Angeles reports.

Gonzalez announced the development in a series of tweets that read: “Arrest update for incident at Green Crest: Brian W. Coulter (12-12-89) has been charged in the murder of the complainant. The complainant was 8 years old at the time of his death in 2020. Coulter is the boyfriend of the murdered child’s mother.”

“The mother of the murdered child, Gloria Y. Williams (12-26-85) has been charged with the felony charges of Injury to a Child by Omission, Failure to Provide Medical Care and Failure to Provide Adequate Supervision. Addtl charges are expected to be filed. Both Coulter & Williams are in custody.”

Both Coulter and Williams remain in custody, TooFab reports.

Shortly after the children were discovered, the skeletal remains were handed over to the Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office to conduct an autopsy.

The cause of death has since been confirmed…

The Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office found that the cause of death for the boy whose remains were found was a homicide.

The Daily Mail reports that the office ruled the death as a homicide after multiple blunt force injuries were discovered.

And now, heartbreaking statements have been given by the siblings of a boy who was beaten to death in his home in Houston.

On Wednesday, the siblings who watched their brother get beaten to death gave their version of events.

According to the Daily Mail, “The children claimed Coulter struck the 8-year-old with closed fists…”

He continued to beat the boy even after he had died while “staring at the younger brother who was in the room,” deputies on the case were told by the 7-year-old.

Coulter eventually stopped and covered his body with a blanket.

Upon entering the room where the fatal attack took place, and discovering the body of her son…

The boys’ mother, Gloria Williams, apparently began crying and fighting with Coulter according to the 10-year-old.

He then revealed that Coulter came back to the house some time later to “check on his younger brother…”

Discovering that the “body, feet and teeth had turned into a skeleton” and “his hair was off.”

As well as the devastating murder of his younger brother, the 10-year-old also had to recieve treatment for a broken jaw that happened 3 weeks earlier.

According to the prosecutor on the case, the boy said that his mom “was aware of the injury but did not seek or obtain medical aid for him.”

The fifteen year old son was clearly in total shock and unimaginable fear over the incident and was hopeful that his mom would inform the police…

Sadly she never did and moved out of the apartment leaving her 3 children and the corpse of her other son alone.

After months of being on their own, the fifteen year old finally made the 911 call to the police after their power went off…

Which is what prompted the police to undergo a welfare check on Sunday.

When Williams was finally questioned, she said that the attack took place on Thanksgiving 2020, and she tried to stop Coulter from beating her son…

She then said she found her son dead the following day and that Coulter had “stated he was sorry, that he lost it and punched him, and continued punching him until he went to sleep.”

Williams knew her son was dead but carried on as if nothing happened, even celebrating Valentine’s Day with Coulter back in February.

When the pair were arrested on Tuesday, they were both put on bond, with Coulter’s set at $1,000,000, and Williams set at $900,000.

They no longer have contact with the children and are not allowed to see or speak to one another.