Coronavirus Patient Dies After Family Unplugs Ventilator to Turn on Air Conditioner | 22 Words

A coronavirus patient has passed away after his family unplugged his ventilator to turn on the air conditioning.

Unbelievable, right? Keep scrolling to read more...

Many wouldn't believe that we're still living through a global pandemic...

But believe it or not, we still are.

The Black Lives Matter movement has been dominating headlines over the last few weeks...

Which is exactly what should be happening, of course.

But it seems that many people have forgotten that a global pandemic has seized the entire world...

And even though numbers of infections are steadily dropping in many countries, our country continues to be the worst affected.

There are currently over 2 million actives cases of the virus here in America.

It just doesn't seem to be phasing people anymore.

Many individuals seem to be forgetting that the virus is passed on through close contact...

Such as coughing, sneezing, and touching things with your bare hands.

This is why many government officials have stressed the importance of wearing facemasks in public spaces...

Because even though they can't protect a person fully from catching or spreading the virus, they lower that chance significantly.

In many parts of the world, it is now mandatory to wear a form of facial covering in public...

And New York City is one of those places.

But regardless of this...

The number of coronavirus cases continues to steadily rise, with many parts of the country even tightening lockdown restrictions yet again.

It just seems that many of us aren't learning...

And more and more lives are being put at risk because of this.

Of course, healthcare workers are continuing to work harder than ever to save lives...

And that's not just here in America... it's happening all around the world were infection rates continue to climb.

It's all about being vigilant...

And one family recently lead to the death of their relative who was battling the virus due to their own carelessness.

It happened in Rajasthan, northern India...

A forty-year-old man was being kept in intensive care after contracting the deadly virus.

Temperatures in India reached up to forty-two degrees last week...

So it's safe to say that residents were well and truly feeling the heat.

The patient, who hasn't yet been identified, was being regularly visited by his family...

And the hospital was reaching some unbearable temperatures during the heatwave.

The patient's family felt way too hot...

So they decided to unplug the ventilator he was on and plug in the air conditioning instead. The ventilator had a battery but after being unplugged, it ran out of power around thirty minutes later and the man’s condition deteriorated.

The family called for help...

But it was too late. The man passed away shortly afterward.

And unbelievably...

The family verbally abused hospital staff after the man’s death, as though they weren’t the ones who unplugged his machine in the first place.

Interestingly, a committee has been set up to figure out who’s responsible for the man’s death...

And while all staff has given their statements, the family has not responded to them, and haven’t filed a formal complaint either.

It is, of course, a tragic loss...

But it goes to show the precautions of allowing numerous family members to visit a critically ill patient who is infected with the coronavirus.

Our deepest condolences go out to the man's family during this difficult time...

Even if they are the ones who are responsible!