OWN TV Host Dr. Laura Berman's Son Samuel Dead at 16 | 22 Words

The tragic news has just come in that Dr. Laura Berman's sixteen year old son, Samuel, has died...

And already, so many people have been sending in their heartfelt condolences.

Now, we all know Dr. Laura Berman from her role of hosting In The Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman on OWN...


And she has established a very successful career for herself as a sexual health and relationship therapist.

She is also a best-selling author...

With books such as It's Not Him: It's You, The Book of Love: Every Couple's Guide to Emotional and Sexual Intimacy, and the New York Times best-selling books Real Sex for Real Women: Intimacy, Pleasure, & Sexual Wellbeing.

Dr. Berman is the mom to 3 sons - Ethan, Samuel, and Jackson...

But over the weekend, tragedy struck.

Her sixteen-year-old son, Samuel, devastatingly passed away.

"Our son Sammy was a beautiful soul who left us way too soon," Berman said in a statement provided to USA Today by her husband, Samuel Chapman.

"Our hearts are broken for ourselves and for all the other children that are suffering during this pandemic."

Taking to Instagram, the heartbroken mom explained what happened to her boy.

"My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old. Sheltering at home. A drug dealer connected with him on Snapchat and gave him fentinyl laced Xanax or Percocet (toxicology will tell) and he overdosed in his room," she wrote.

"They do this because it hooks people even more and is good for business but It causes overdose and the kids don't know what they are taking."

"My heart is completely shattered and I am not sure how to keep breathing."

She then warned:

"I post this now only so that not one more kid dies. We watched him so closely. Straight A student. Getting ready for college. Experimentation gone bad. He got the drugs delivered to the house. Please watch your kids and WATCH SNAPCHAT especially. That's how they get them."

On her Instagram Story, Berman doubled down on her parental advisory, writing:

"If you have teens, please read this and get them off Snapchat ASAP! This is a trend now and overdoses amongst teens is on the rise."

In her statement to USA Today, Berman implored several social media platforms to join in the investigation of Samuel's death.


"We call on Snapchat and Twitter to help the Santa Monica Police with their investigation, which according to the police is something the big technology companies regularly refuse to do. And we encourage every parent to manage their children's social media as closely as possible."

On Monday, Snapchat told USA Today that their platform has "zero tolerance for using Snapchat to buy or sell illegal drugs" or other "illegal activities."


"Our deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of Samuel Berman Chapman and we are heartbroken by his passing," the company said in a statement.

"We have no higher priority than keeping Snapchat a safe environment and we will continue to invest in protecting our community."

Rest in Peace, Samuel.


Our deepest thoughts and condolences go out to Dr. Berman and her family during this tragic time.