Dubai Princess Resurfaces in Secretly Recorded Video | 22 Words

Princess Latifa Al Maktoum released a secret video from her "villa prison," and hasn't been heard from since.

Keep scrolling to watch the shocking clip for yourself...

This is the first time in years the princess has been seen...

In videos recently posted by BBC Panorama, she claims to be secretly recording herself in a bathroom.

Princess Latifa Al Maktoum is the daughter of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum...


And states she is currently being held hostage in a "villa prison."

Close friends of the thirty-five-year-old decided to send the messages to the BBC, to spread awareness of her situation...

And now people all over the world are calling for action to be taken...

BBC's Panorama has since broadcast the clips...


"I'm doing this video from a bathroom because it's the only room with a door I can lock. I can't lock the door to my room, there's no key," the princess says.

She continued...


"I'm in a villa... I'm a hostage and this villa has been converted into a jail. All the windows are barred shut, I can't open any window. There's 5 policemen outside and 2 policewomen inside the house. And I can't even go outside to get any fresh air.

"I don't know when I will be released and what the conditions will be like when I am released."

"Every day I'm worried about my safety and my life. Don't really know if I'm going to survive the situation. The police threaten that I'll be in prison my whole life and I'll never see the sun again."


"I'm really reaching a point now where I'm just getting so tired of everything. It's like a circus. I don't want to be a hostage in this jail villa. I just want to be free. I don't know what they are planning to do with me, I really don't know.

"So the situation is getting more desperate every day. I am just really, really tired of this now."

According to reports, Latifa previously tried to escape in 2018...


Sadly, she was re-captured and brought back to Dubai.

Before trying to escape, she recorded a video...


Which was posted to YouTube shortly after she returned to Dubai.

With the help of a friend, Tiina Jauhiainen, they took an inflatable boat into international waters, where they met French businessman Herve Jaubert aboard a US-flagged yacht.


Just 8 days later the yacht was intercepted off the coast of India, the yacht was reportedly held at gunpoint before taking the princess and leaving.

They returned to Dubai, where they were detained for 2 weeks.


Latifa detailed in her videos how she battled back against the soldiers but was ultimately tranquilized and carried onto a private jet.

The news sparked international concern. And the United Arab Emirates eventually agreed to a meeting with UN rights envoy, Mary Robinson.


Robinson said that before the meeting she was told the princess had bipolar disorder, which was false. It was this reason that Robinson didn't ask Latifa about her situation, as she didn't want to "increase the trauma" of her "condition."

9 days after the meeting, the UAE released photos of Robinson and Latifa together at the lunch as proof that the princess was safe.

"I was particularly tricked when the photographs went public. That was a total surprise... I was absolutely stunned," said Robinson.

The meeting was the last time Princess Latifa was seen. And her friends are now pushing for more to be done to free her...

According to Jauhiainen, "a lot of time has passed" since they lost contact. "I feel that she would want us to fight for her, and not give up," she said.

Stay tuned for more updates...