Facebook has provided an explanation after they removed former president Donald Trump's latest interview from their platform.
Scroll on to hear what they had to say...
Now, we all know that Trump doesn't have the best track record when it comes to his online behavior.
Following his 2020 election loss, Trump had been using his various social media platforms to passionately dispute the result and fuel his election fraud theories with gusto.
Many of his claims regarding this supposed election fraud had to be flagged by the platforms he was using...
But, otherwise, he was allowed to continue in his protesting.
However, following the events of January 6th, efforts to silence the scorned former president were doubled down.
A day on from the devastating riots at Capitol Hill, in which hundreds of pro-Trump supporters stormed the prestigious building, Facebook's vice president, Nick Clegg, announced that Trump's account would be suspended indefinitely.
Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, said at the time that "the risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service... are simply too great."
"We believe our decision was necessary and right," Clegg said in a statement. "Given its significance, we think it is important for the board to review it and reach an independent judgment on whether it should be upheld."
Twitter quickly followed suit.
Trump was initially locked out of his Twitter account for twelve hours after he called the people who stormed the US Capitol "patriots."
Twitter warned then that it would ban Trump "permanently" if he breached the platform's rules again.
But, after being allowed back on the site, Trump posted 2 tweets that the company cited as the final straws. In one, he wrote:
"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape, or form!!!"
Following this news, a number of other social media platforms quickly announced their own bans for Trump...
Including Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitch, and Reddit.
For the first time in twelve years, Trump found himself without any online platform to vent and rant onto.
It's been a peaceful couple of months without any inflammatory, caps-locked Tweets, to say the least.
Many have been enjoying Trump's online absence...
Is it just me, or is it GLORIOUS that Trump is no longer on Twitter or other social media?— Dena Grayson, MD, PhD (@DrDenaGrayson) February 17, 2021
He is NOT missed!😅
And have found scrolling through Twitter without a whiff of his constant rants quite refreshing.
However, others have slammed Trump's wide-spread ban as a "disgrace"...
Social Media platforms are a disgrace. The censorship they're implementing is setting a worrying precedent.— #BritishIndependence 🇬🇧 (@MoggMentum) January 9, 2021
Banning Talk Radio from YouTube, suspending Trump on here. The left claim to be liberal but they despise free speech & expression and are trying to silence the opposition.
And have insisted that his censorship is a breach of his freedom of speech.
But, as the debate raged on, Trump wasted no time in revealing his plans to make an online comeback.
In his first post-presidency interview on Newsmax, his new favorite media outlet, last month, he toyed with the idea of a Trump-branded social-media platform.
"There is also the other option of building your own site because we have more people than anybody. You can literally build your own site."
However, despite his optimism of a Trump-branded social media site, the existing social platforms are continuing to take a stand.
As stated earlier, Trump's latest interview - which was his first on-screen appearance since his election defeat - was swiftly removed from Facebook.
Trump sat down with his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump...
Who quizzed him on his plans for the future.
Trump was also asked if his supporters can hope on him running for president again, to which he responded:
"You do have hope, that I can tell you, you do have hope. We love our country, this country, we all owe a lot to our country, but now we have to help our country."
Of course, the controversy surrounding his interview was rife...
But, almost immediately after it was aired, Facebook made the decision to take it down.
Opinions were divided on the platform's decision to remove the interview...
Love it!! Good job @Facebook— Heather Duncan (@H_R_Duncan) March 31, 2021
On one hand, many were quick to applaud Facebook for their swift actions.
Good. It's just a way to get around his ban. They should ban her, too for doing it.— Ange (@SouRgrapeS417) March 31, 2021
Good, don't want to hear all that noise.— Connie Newton (@ConnieNewton20) April 1, 2021
But, on the other hand, many slammed the platform for their decision.
Afraid of him!— carlosregis (@calosregis) March 31, 2021
Bruh I’m a fan of him but isn’t this taking away his freedom of speech?— Fyre Lagos (@able657) March 31, 2021
They just don’t want to hear it.— Rod Mason (@RodMason1970) March 31, 2021
Well, Facebook has now provided an explanation to the removal of the interview.
An email Lara Trump posted to her Instagram account later on Tuesday shows a message warning her team about uploading the video.
The email reminded them that "content posted on Facebook and Instagram in the voice of President Trump is not currently allowed on our platform (including new posts with President Trump speaking) and will be removed if posted, resulting in additional limitations on accounts that posted it."
A second email said Facebook had removed the video once she had uploaded it to her page.
"In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump's Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts," the email said.
You can read them for yourself below.
A Facebook source has since confirmed the veracity of the emails.