Fans of Tucker Carlson have been hit with some good news today.
He’s set to relaunch his controversial and canceled Fox News show on Twitter!
And Twitter CEO, Elon Musk, has even had something to say on the matter.
Scroll on for the full story …
According to the NY Times, the controversial host joined Fox for the first time back in 2009…
But his regular “Tucker Carlson Tonight” show was absent on last month.
Instead, Brian Kilmeade welcomed viewers and immediately glossed over Carlson’s departure.
And fans weren’t impressed, so much so that dozens canceled their Fox subscriptions.
Tucker Carlson was recently involved in a plethora of lawsuits against him.
And it’s these, along with his long history of controversial comments, that people originally believed have led to him being fired.
But now, the shocking text message that led to Tucker’s firing has been revealed.
Scroll on to see …
The best deals selected by the 22 Words team for you.
The best deals selected by the 22 Words team for you.
Abby Grossberg, his former senior booking producer, sued him in two different lawsuits.
Grossberg claimed that his show’s workplace was filled with instances of misogyny in a complaint filed in the Southern District of New York against Carlson and Fox, accusing them of sexism and harassment.
Her lawsuit asserts, among other things, that mocked-up images showed Nancy Pelosi “in a bathing suit revealing her cleavage” and that employees were asked, twice, which of two female candidates for governor of Michigan they would prefer to have sleep with.
“Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News is, in part, an admission of the systemic lying, bullying, and conspiracy-mongering claimed by our client,” said Tanvir Rahman, one of Grossberg’s lawyers.
Justin Wells, the senior executive producer of Carlson’s show, who is also named as a defendant in that case, was also fired by Fox.
Then there is the massive defamation case for more than $787 million filed by an electoral technology business.
Dominion Voting Systems filed a lawsuit in response to videos propagating false claims that election fraud cost then-President Donald Trump the 2020 election.
It’s safe to say it doesn’t come as a huge surprise that Fox has let him go.
As we know, Carlson is one of the most controversial hosts out there…
It’s common knowledge that he seems to revel in promoting outlandish conspiracy theories to the masses.
This is what some believe led to his departure from Fox News.
So lets take a look at some of his most controversial moments…
I think we all remember the strange take on Dr. Jill and President Joe Biden’s 45-year marriage, labeling it a PR campaign.
Now that’s a reach.
What about when he said he thought Derek Chauvins conviction for the murder of George Floyd was influenced by “the mob.”
Explaining that he believes the guilty verdict was just “America paying ransom.”
Then there’s his comments about children wearing masks during the pandemic, deeming it as “child abuse.”
Telling his viewers to “Call the police immediately. Contact Child Protective Services. Keep calling until someone arrives. What you’re looking at is abuse, it’s child abuse, and you are morally obligated to attempt to prevent it.”
Not to mention the countless comments downplaying the January 6 Capitol riots…
And let’s not forget all the misinformation he spread about the pandemic.
Some think he’s doing it to get a rise…
No one can actually believe this, right?
What makes his comments even less credible is the fact Fox News lawyers have even had to admit that Carlson’s comments are not factual…
During a slander case, District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil said that the TV host “is not stating actual facts’” but “is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and ‘non-literal commentary.’”
And now, the host has officially resigned from the network.
According to a network statement released today, his last programme occurred on April 21.
Social media users were quick to comment on the news, with one writing: “A month from now, Tucker Carlson will be forgotten and whoever replaces him will be the hottest voice in conservative politics.
“It’s mall chicken. People don’t stop going to the food court because there’s someone new behind the counter.”
While another said:
“Hate never completely disappears. It merely changes venues. It’ll be interesting to figure out where he sets up shop next.”
A third commented:
“I can’t wait to see the rest of the fallout from their LIES. Getting my popcorn.”
“About time he’s off the air. Thank you Dominion maybe?”
His departure occurs only days after Fox reached a settlement with Dominion Voting Systems…
Which had sued for defamation on the grounds that broadcasters like Tucker Carlson had pushed President Trump’s false claims of election fraud in order to boost ratings.
At the last minute, Dominion resolved the $1.6 billion lawsuit for $700 million.
The network said in a statement: “FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.
“Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday April 21st.
“Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named.”
Since his departure, it has been revealed just how much he was paid to host the show.
According to a person familiar with contract discussions at Fox and other networks, Carlson was making between $15 million and $20 million a year anchoring “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Fox News’ signature hour-long nightly talk show.
Thanks to his pay, he’s among the highest paid individuals in his field.
“He has more leverage than anyone else,” they said. “He could pick up and go anywhere … before this.”
With an average of 3.3 million viewers every night, Carlson’s show, which has occupied the coveted 8 p.m. ET time slot since 2017…
Was the second-most watched cable programme last year, trailing only Fox News’ roundtable sports programme, “The Five.”
There is still no update on why Carlson was let go from the network.
But it seems he had no idea that he was being let go.
Or at least that’s what it seems like from the final moments of his last show.
There was also some confusion from viewers, as the network continued to promote an interview between Carlson and presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy that was scheduled to broadcast even after Fox issued its statement on Monday morning.
In his final words on Friday’s show, Carlson wished his audience the “best weekend” and informed them that he would return on Monday.
Since then, Fox shares have fallen dramatically.
It seems they have lost millions thanks to their decision to remove the host.
And people have a lot to say about it…
“Occasionally, accountability emerges. There are more lawsuits to come for lies told recklessly that impacted so many lives in negative ways.”
While another said:
“Let’s keep this momentum going!”
A third commented: “What a HAPPY DAY!!!!!”
With another adding: “That is wonderful!!”
According to Markets Insider, the company’s stock dropped as much as 5.4 percent early on Monday afternoon…
Reaching a high of $29.27 per share.
By the time the markets closed on Monday afternoon, Class A shares had marginally recovered…
But were still down about 3%.
And it seems like things are only getting worse, as news that Brian Kilmeade will be taking over has gotten a bad reaction from fans.
After announcing Carlson’s departure, Fox News stated that until the former host’s successor is found, his time slot would be hosted by various Fox News personalities.
Kilmeade, who reportedly filled Carlson’s shoes first, cheerfully informed his Twitter followers that he would be anchoring Monday’s show…
Tweeting: “Join me tonight at 8 p.m.”
It did not go down well.
One Twitter user responded: “This is a real shame because Kilmeade is enjoyable to watch and pretty smart but he’s no @TuckerCarlson and the idea that he can give viewers what Tucker did 5 days a week is ridiculous. It’s clear now that Kilmeade is a company man who will push whatever narrative he’s told to.”
Another echoed: “Brian Kilmeade?? The only thing that could be worse would be Shep Smith.
“Better not give Fox any ideas.”
It appears that viewers are so angry, that many are cancelling their subscriptions.
Brian Kilmeade briefly addressed Carlson’s exit on the show, saying: “As you probably have heard, Fox News and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways.
“I wish Tucker the best. I’m great friends with Tucker and always will be. But right now, it’s time for ‘Fox News Tonight’, so let’s get started…”
But now that Carlson is gone, it appears the network may have additional problems to deal with, since many of the host’s supporters have pledged to stop paying for Fox Nation.
The news comes as it was announced the 53-year-old will be paid out for the remainder of his contract…
Which was renewed in 2021, after working for the network for almost ten years.
Although it’s unknown how much time he has left on his deal, high-profile media personalities are typically contracted for between one and six years.
And with his salary previously stated at being $15 million and $20 million a year…
That’s a lot!
According to Vanity Fair, Carlson was apparently renegotiating his contract through 2029.
Carlson then spoke out for the first time since his controversial dismissal.
“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson said on Twitter.
“Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true. And a bunch of hilarious people, also. A lot of those. It’s gotta be the majority of the population, even now. So that’s heartening.”
“The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them.”
”Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources.”
”When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media,” he went on.
“Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state.”
”That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last. They’re brain dead. Nobody actually believes them. Hardly anyone’s life is improved by them. This moment is too inherently ridiculous to continue. And so it won’t,” Carlson said. “The people in charge know this; that’s why they’re hysterical and aggressive. They’re afraid.”
“They’ve given up persuasion, they’re resorting to force. But it won’t work. When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars, who have been trying to silence them, shrink and they become weaker. That’s the iron law of the universe.”
”True things prevail. Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some. And that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”
Soon after, Fox News revealed something shocking …
Rolling Stone has reported that the network has a secret dossier of damaging information about Carlson.
This is to hold over the presenter and stop him from speaking badly about the network!
The network is prepared to release this scandalous information if Carlson ever badmouths the network.
Soon after, the real reason behind Carlson’s firing was revealed.
A controversial text from Tucker to one of his producers after the storming of the Capital on January 6th, 2021.
It read: “A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living s**t out of him. It was three against one, at least.”
“Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it.”
“Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be.” “The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him.”
“The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him.”
”I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it.”
The text was originally redacted as part of his defamation lawsuit, but has since been made public.
And today, Carlson has shocked the internet once more.
He’s announced that he’s bringing his show back to Twitter!
“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last six and a half years to Twitter,” he announced.
Elon Musk has also explained the decision.
“We have not signed a deal of any kind whatsoever,” Musk tweeted. “Tucker is subject to the same rules & rewards of all content creators.”
What do you think of the move?