Tessica Brown’s GoFundMe No Longer Under Investigation | 22 Words

The TikToker that used Gorilla Glue as hairspray managed to raise thousands of dollars on her GoFundMe page.

And after revealing how she would spend the money, her page was put under investigation. But now, she's had some good news...

Her GoFundMe page is no longer under investigation.

And Tessica will be receiving the money.

Keep scrolling to find out why...

Now, of course, we all know the story of Tessica Brown...


Known as "Gorilla Glue girl" after she used the glue instead of hairspray, the woman rose to viral fame for her videos documenting how she had been unable to get the glue out of her hair for weeks.

She later uploaded a video to TikTok showing her followers that she'd literally tried everything to remove the adhesive.

According to Tessica, she couldn't wash out the glue or even shave her head, due to the hair being so slick against her skin.


Tessica originally posted a video of how it all happened: "When I do my hair, I like to finish it off with a little Göt2b Glued Spray, you know, just to keep it in place.

"Well, I didn't have any more Göt2b Glued Spray, so I used this: Gorilla Glue spray. Bad, bad, bad idea. My hair, it don't move. You hear what I'm telling you? It. Don't. Move."

Gorilla Glue even responded, telling TMZ:


"The less aggressive solvent for her hair/scalp would be rubbing alcohol to try and saturate her hair and then gently comb it out and shampoo."

The company went on to say her hair was "likely fractured at the root," as it had been stuck for such a long time.


They added that Gorilla Glue staff "certainly hope for the best."

In her initial video, which has been viewed over eighteen million times...


Tessica said: "Hey, y'all. For those of you that know me know that my hair has been like this for about a month now. It's not by choice. No, it's not by choice."

At one point in the clip, she pats her head showing just how hard her hair has set.


Some people advised her to wash her hair with shampoo, resulting in Tessica uploading a video showing why that didn't help.

She said: "Look, you wipe it off and nothing happens. Like, this is the life that I'm living at this point."


Update ##gorillaglue ##viral ##update

♬ original sound - 60 second sounds

But despite the stressful ordeal, things began looking up for Tessica.

Dr. Michael Obeng, a plastic surgeon from Beverly Hills, offered his services, claiming that he could fix Tessica's problem...

But he estimated that it would take roughly 3 days to remove the glue completely.

Not only did this provide a bit of hope for Tessica, but Dr. Obeng also agreed to perform the $12,500 procedure free of charge!

Which would involve Tessica firstly removing her entire ponytail.

Although unable to remove the glue, a hairstylist managed to cut away Tessica's ponytail.

As per the Mail Online, in a video explaining what they had done, the hairstylist said, "I was able to get the ponytail off, but it's still not opening it up as you all can see."

Following the procedure, Tessica left the hospital with a blanket over her face and head after everything "went well."

"The surgery went well," Obeng said. "Tessica is doing well. She's awake. The hair crew is doing her hair."

In footage obtained by TMZ, Tessica is now able to run her fingers through her hair...

Meaning she is finally free!

Sporting a much shorter - but healthier - hair cut, Tessica seems both exhausted and relieved as she comes around from the procedure...

And it's clear that she's simply relieved that this nightmare is coming to an end.

People from all across the world have been sending Tessica messages of support and sympathy...

And after she set up a GoFundMe page, they've also been sending her money.

With an original target of $1,500, Tessica's GoFundMe page now has more than $23,000 donations.

That's a lot of money.

Tessica recently revealed what she plans to do with her money...

Tessica has decided to pay the money forward.

Most of the money is to be donated to the Restore Foundation - which provides reconstructive surgery around the world and is run by Dr. Michael Obeng, who performed her surgery.

As for why Tessica's doing this?

She said she wants others to have access to these kinds of treatments even if they can't afford them.

According to her manager, Tessica is keeping $1,000 of the money to pay for the emergency room visit she made...


And also plans to give some to local families in need.

But, Tessica's plans to donate the money ran into an issue yesterday as her GoFundMe page was put under investigation.

Speaking to The Post, Tessica said, "They won't even release it to me because that many people have called and said it was a fraudulent account."

"Every time you look at it it says it's under investigation."

At the time, a spokesperson for GoFundMe told The Post in a statement that they "are in touch" with Tessica and "working with her on the withdrawal of funds."

Adding that, "prior to the withdrawal, she must clearly state on the campaign page how she intends to use the funds."

But now, Tessica's fund have been released.

TMZ reports that GoFundMe revealed that Tessica's funds were on their way to her.

They later added that they are told she has now received the money.

Tessica's GoFundMe page is no longer accepting donations.

We're just glad she's made a speedy recovery!