Tessica Brown Shows Off Her New Haircut After Gorilla Glue | 22 Words

Tessica Brown is finally free following surgery to remove the Gorilla Glue from her hair, and now she's showing off her new hairdo after a visit to the barbers...

As we're all aware by now, Tessica Brown is finally free of the dreaded adhesive...

And she's shown off her new glue-free hair...

A month ago, Tessica Brown had sprayed the super-strength glue to her hair instead of her usual hairspray.


Tessica originally posted a video of how it all happened: "When I do my hair, I like to finish it off with a little Göt2b Glued Spray, you know, just to keep it in place.

"Well, I didn't have any more Göt2b Glued Spray, so I used this: Gorilla Glue spray. Bad, bad, bad idea. My hair, it don't move. You hear what I'm telling you? It. Don't. Move."

Gorilla Glue even responded, telling TMZ:


"The less aggressive solvent for her hair/scalp would be rubbing alcohol to try and saturate her hair and then gently comb it out and shampoo."

The company went on to say her hair is "likely fractured at the root," as it's been stuck for such a long time.


They added that Gorilla Glue staff "certainly hope for the best."

In her initial video, which has been viewed over eighteen million times...


Tessica said: "Hey, y'all. For those of you that know me know that my hair has been like this for about a month now. It's not by choice. No, it's not by choice."

At one point in the clip, she pats her head showing just how hard her hair has set.


Some people advised her to wash her hair with shampoo, resulting in Tessica uploading a video showing why that didn't help.

She said: "Look, you wipe it off and nothing happens. Like, this is the life that I'm living at this point."


Update ##gorillaglue ##viral ##update

♬ original sound - 60 second sounds

But despite the stressful ordeal, things are looking up for Tessica.

Dr. Michael Obeng, a plastic surgeon from Beverly Hills, offered his services claiming that he could fix Tessica's problem...

But he estimated that it would take roughly 3 days to remove the glue completely.

Not only did this provide a bit of hope for Tessica, but Dr. Obeng also agreed to perform the $12,500 procedure free of charge!

Which would involve Tessica firstly removing her entire ponytail.

Although unable to remove the glue, a hairstylist managed to cut away Tessica's ponytail.

As per the Mail Online, in a video explaining what they had done, the hairstylist said, "I was able to get the ponytail off, but it's still not opening it up as you all can see."

People from all across the world have been sending Tessica messages of support and sympathy...

And after she set up a GoFundMe page 2 days ago, they've also been sending her money.

With an original target of $1,500, Tessica's GoFundMe page now has more than $20,000 donations.

$23,834 to be precise.

With a blanket over her face and head, she left the hospital after everything "went well."

"The surgery went well," Obeng said. "Tessica is doing well. She's awake. The hair crew is doing her hair."

In footage obtained by TMZ...

Tessica is now able to run her fingers through her hair... meaning she is finally free!

Sporting a much shorter - but healthier - hair cut, Tessica seems both exhausted and relieved as she comes around from the procedure...

And it's clear that she's simply relieved that this nightmare is coming to an end.

And now, we've received an update on her condition after the procedure...

Tessica is now showing off her short, glue-free hair, and it looks like she's doing pretty well considering...

Sources close to Tessica said she visited a barbershop on Valentine's Day to get her hair trimmed and styled following surgery last week.

The barber even gave her the cut for free due to everything's she's been through.

She still needs to leave her hair alone for 6 weeks before she can wear a wig...

But I don't think she's in any hurry.

We're so happy for her!