Everyone's had at least one close call in their life. One moment when they caught the railing at the precise right moment, or swerved right before catastrophe struck. Some people have been sharing theirs.
Here are the most striking ones.
We can only imagine how the owners felt after they came out and saw this. They probably went straight to their nearest place of worship and gave a deep breath of thanks.
2. Reflexes on flex
Everyone else jerked away, but this one brave gentleman with the reflexes of a panther – nay, a house cat souped up on Meowmix – saved him. SAVED him. Hero.
3. Literal inches away from disaster
A tree fell over it. It could have been disastrous, but look where it landed – LOOK. Literal inches away from the fresh paint.
4. Black cat, black stove
This redditer nearly chargrilled their cat because its color was so darn near that of the stove's. Seconds away from disaster. Seconds.
5. Merciful drainThe most important piece of jewelry most people have is their wedding ring. Not only are they expensive, there's all that sentimental value.
6. Didn't need that much money to survive
The six coins in his pocket literally saved this man's grandfather from being killed by Nazi bullets. Think about that.
7. Grammatical save
What to do? Use the power of punctuation, of course! With one handy question mark, the whole thing is resolved, and embarrassment averted.
8. Camera kerfuffle
This person must have forgotten all about that because they drove around with the camera on the back of their car. First of all – how dare you?
9. Financial fraud evaded
This person saved himself and countless others all sorts of hassle simply by checking the reader – something everyone is supposed to do.
10. Read the fine print
This lucky person narrowly missed pooping their butt off and got a good night's sleep instead, simply because they read the instructions.
11. Daddy saves the dayHere's the thing about fathers – when they're tuned in, they're tuned in. Take, for instance, the gentleman on the right with his daughter sitting on his neck.
She becomes unbalanced and falls, but he saves her literally inches away from the floor. If that's not a dad, we don't know what is.
12. 20 floors from disasterThere's daredevils, and then there's this guy, who's literally begging for it. His whole routine, in our estimation, is basically flipping the bird to the fates.
But as it turned out, Lady Luck was on his side. One extra move – just one extra – and they would've been scraping him off the pavement.
13. Close to the edge
Any which way, one thing we do know, however, is how the driver reacted once he saw how close he was to wiping out. He thanked his lucky stars.
14. Always use safety glasses
This guy is one lucky bastard. He's lucky he's still alive and has two good eyes. Oh, and we hope he sues the heck out of the angle grinder manufacturer. Again, no clue what that is.
15. Who says phones aren't tough?
This guy owes his phone manufacturers a vote of thanks. And also whichever engineer it was that decided to make that specific phone so durable.
16. The nope rope that almost bit back
Now, we're not snake experts, so don't quote us on this, but we're gonna guess that this commenter is a very lucky man. One bite from this baby is more than enough to thoroughly mess up your day.
17. By the grace of beer
18. Hairsbreadth awayIt's every parent's nightmare. A kid goes running into the street just as a truck comes careening over. But this scenario has a twist.
The kid survives. Incredibly, miraculously, he makes it back to safety. That is what we call touched by an angel.