In today's society, it seems to be getting harder and harder to maintain the perfect "look," whatever that said look may be. But rather than paying for expensive surgeries and eyelash extensions, this Japanese barber found a better method in which you can change up your entire appearance, and it will cost you only a fraction of any other procedure. A haircut.
It's true what they say, a quick chop of the locks can change everything and I'll prove it to you.
Check out these amazing before and after posts that'll persuade you to give yourself a makeover.
A hairstyle can change everything.Shou Otsuki is one of the barbers at Tokyo hair salon L. Dorado and he's left his stamp on the world by helping his clients change up their outdated hairstyles.
And he's done a pretty amazing job...
via: InstagramWith the help of Bored Panda, we've compiled a list of some of his most amazing transformations. Happy scrolling!
36. "His expression makes the 'after' photo."
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt's safe to say that this client was extremely happy with his new style.
35. "...Thus emphasizing the importance of a good haircut."
via: Bored Panda / ShouClearly, hair is very important.
34. "He doesn't look convinced..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouI think anything looks better than the "before" shot.
33. "Silly wings over his ears..."
via: InstagramThat's a bit harsh, he just needed a little chop by his ears... Plus, I'm absolutely digging the grey!
32. "Slick and straight..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouPeople kept commenting that all Japanese men seemed to have "slick and straight" before hairstyles... Their hair is just wet guys. It's just wet.
31. "I love the after pic..."
via: Bored Panda / Shou"Only because he's pointing at me..." Wrote a user. Yikes, what about the hairstyle?
30. "He looks better and happier!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouAnother satisfied client for Shou!
29. "He looks way younger!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt's amazing how much a haircut can do for you!
28. "From thirty to thirteen!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouI see he also ditched the glasses... I hope he got some contacts.
27. "I hope he didn't pay a lot for that..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouUm, I think I preferred the first style...
26. "He looks more confident."
via: Bored Panda / ShouThat's true. I'm glad he kept the glasses, they're actually so cool.
25. "That look suits him more."
via: Bored Panda / ShouThe up-do is so much better.
24. "They always start with the Beatles' hair..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouThis user has a point there, it's that smooth kind of style in every "before" picture.
23. "I want to be friends with this guy..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouYeah, the hairstyle is cool and all, but most users commented on how cute this man's smile is.
22. "He looks younger in the second photo..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouThe "after" pictures always seem to bring youth back into these guys' lives.
21. "What was that first hairstyle?!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouThe blonde really wasn't working for me...
20. "...An old ladies cut'n'color."
via: Bored Panda / ShouGrey hair became a trend in Japan for a little while, that's why everyone seems to be going grey. We're just not trendy enough to keep up, it seems.
19. "Lost his glasses..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt seems as if a hairstyle and a lack of vision is the way forward...
18. "I see that Mr. Hairdresser is now dipping into the grey himself..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouI told you it was a trend!
17. "I can't keep up with my greys, but these kids are choosing it!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouCome on, Mary, you're trendy with your naturally gray hair.
16. "Is he buying them contact lenses too?"
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt appears so! It's a 2-for-1 with Shou!
15. "Definitely improved."
via: Bored Panda / ShouAt least he's happy with his new cut!
14. "He's cute..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouAnd so is his haircut!
13. "I kind of liked the before photo..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouSome people preferred the spikey-haired style as opposed to the clean-cut one.
12. "Mum's going to kill me..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouHis "after" picture does look a little like he's scared. And again with the removal of the glasses...
11. "The 1997 cheesy-boyband look."
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt does seem to be a blast from the past...
10. "Thank God he got a haircut..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouI wouldn't want to be walking around with the old hairstyle, that's for sure.
9. "Why did he keep the mustache?"
via: Bored Panda / ShouI would have hoped he got rid of that along with his overgrown locks.
8. "Now, he looks like a cheeky fellow..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouHe really suits his new style!
7. "The hairdresser's biggest secret is: Don't wear glasses."
via: Bored Panda / ShouI mean, what can I say, it does have a drastic impact on the overall look.
6. "I'll get the cut everyone else is getting..."
via: Bored Panda / ShuIt consists of forehead exposure and a few spikes here and there. Voila!
5. "He looks traumatized in the 'after' photo."
via: Bored Panda / ShouUnlike some of the other clients, he does look a little hesitant to accept his new hairdo. He looks completely different though, you have to admit.
4. "Looks more like fur than hair..."
via: Bored Panda / ShouThis one didn't go to plan, did it? But anything is better than the first hairstyle.
3. "That's much better!"
via: InstagramSome people were questioning if this was the same person or not.
2. "He just aged about fifty years!"
via: Bored Panda / ShouIt takes a lot of work to be able to pull off the gray look, it really does.
1. "The glasses are gone... again."
via: Bored Panda / ShouI obviously had to end this list on a gray note, didn't I? That seemed to be a re-occurring theme throughout this entire process. Are you convinced to change up your look or would you rather stick to what you've got?