Kylie Jenner Defends Travis Scott Over Astroworld Tragedy

Share on Facebook

Yesterday, the horrific news broke that at least eight people had died and more than a hundred others had been hospitalised at the Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas.

The festival was founded by Travis Scott, and many are holding him somewhat accountable for the tragedy. Kylie Jenner however has since defended Scott.

Keep scrolling to see what she had to say.

Horrific news.

  via : Getty Images  
Getty

At least eight people tragically died with hundreds more injured, some as young as ten, during the opening night of Travis Scott’s Astroworld festival in Houston, Texas.

It was the opening night of the festival.

But what was intended to be the beginning of a huge festival turned into what the county judge of Harris County described as an ‘extremely tragic night’.

Around 50,000 people attended the festival which has now been cancelled.

Panic broke out when the crowd began surging towards the front of the stage. As the crush began to cause injuries, more panic broke out, causing even more damage.

Eleven people were initially taken to hospital with cardiac arrest.

Eight of whom died. Some of the casualties are aged as young as ten.
The county judge of Harris County added:
“Our hearts are broken. People go to these events looking for a good time, a chance to unwind, to make memories – it’s not the kind of event you go to where you expect to find out about fatalities.”

Travis Scott then responded.

In a statement, Scott said:
“I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”
He went onto say that he fully supports the authorities and is committed to finding out exactly what happened.

One widely reported source claims a member of the audience started the crush.

The source, reportedly from Astroworld, claimed that the panic began when a member of the audience began injecting people in the crowd with ‘some kind of drug’.

The police seem to be backing up this statement.

According to the New York Post, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said at a Saturday afternoon press conference that a security guard was ‘jabbed in the neck’ while in the crowd at the festival.

Medical staff then treated the guard.

Staff administered the guard Narcan, a drug used to revive people who have overdosed on opioids after seeing what looked like a needle mark on his neck.

More tragic news then emerged.

The news that a 14-year-old boy was the youngest victim of the crush.

A 16-year old was also killed in the incident.

The other victims included two 21-year-olds, two 23-year-olds and a 27-year-old. The age of the other victim remains unknown.

Some are holding Travis Scott somewhat accountable for the tragedy.

However his partner, Kylie Jenner, has defended Scott, echoing the same sentiment as himself (more or less).

In a statement, Jenner said:


“I am sending my deepest condolences to all the families during this difficult time and will be praying for the healing of everyone who has been impacted.

“And also for Travis who I know cares deeply for his fans and the Houston community, I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show, and in no world would have continued filming or performing.”

Rest in peace.

So tragic. Rest in peace.