We all told lies when we were kids.
It was a basic part of growing up, and one of the only ways you could escape the many and numerous punishments headed your way whenever you were bad.
Now, people are going to Twitter to reveal their most common lies.
Here are 11 of the best ones.
1. Don't stop the party
"I think her parents will be at the party..." #LiesIHaveToldMyParents https://t.co/GPkGE2OB6X— ||[Cattsy]||[2.0]||😽💞💞 (@||[Cattsy]||[2.0]||😽💞💞)1519804906.0
2. The old headphone excuse
#LiesIHaveToldMyParents Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you! My headphones were on! https://t.co/SC7sJJGZUk— Solenna (@Solenna)1519805847.0
3. Twitter blockThis right here is classic. This right here is gold. The proper question actually may be who hasn't blocked their parents on social media?
4. What report cardScratch what we said before about blocking parents on Twitter, this is the original excuse to end all excuses.
5. But do you have a curling iron though?It's not hard at all to see the resemblance between a hickey and a curling iron burn.
6. Me? Drink? Never"Then what's that smell on your breath?" That's the exact question your mom is gonna ask when you stumble home.
7. Et tu, Bueller?Serious question, does this gambit ever work? A couple of us have tried it, but no dice.
8. Darned dishes
#LiesIHaveToldMyParents The dishes will be done when you get home I promise! What actually happens: https://t.co/fcLFrW0fxk— 𝒜𝓃𝒹𝒾 (@𝒜𝓃𝒹𝒾)1519806518.0