Lord help us. It’s 2019, and for whatever reason, this headline isn’t surprising at all. We’ve heard stories of kids getting sent to hospitals for swallowing legos, or pennies, or My Little Ponies, but this story isn’t about a kid, and it’s not about something that costs $10, max.
I’m not sure about you, but I’m pretty sure the most expensive thing I’ve ever swallowed was like a $60 steak, and even then I had to use a gift card. And it was actually food! Shoutout to Ruth’s Chris for providing my old work with a few extra gift cards. (This article is not sponsored by Ruth’s Chris. But if anyone’s listening, I’d be a great spokesperson.)
I’ve also swallowed my own pride, but that’s basically worthless at this point. At least I didn’t swallow something that cost like $200! The weirdest part of this whole story? Swallowing AirPods is becoming a trend. I’ll explain.