Man Has Seven Inch Bottle Removed From His Behind After Using It to 'Scratch' | 22 Words

Everyone can relate when we get an itch in an awkward place... it's never that convenient, is it?

But not many people would think to use a 7-inch glass bottle to reach them awkward places.

One man in China was taken to the hospital to get this very bottle removed from his behind after using it to reach an itch.

Keep scrolling to find out more...

We're only human...

via: Shutterstock

And we all get them uncomfortable itches and scratches from time to time.

There are many methods of reaching that irritable itch...

Whether that's scratching up against a tree or using some home-made devices to reach them awkward spots, we do what we have to do to satisfy them horrible scratches.

A glass bottle certainly doesn't come to mind, however...

But believe it or not, this is exactly what one man from China did.

The man initially complained of "discomfort"...

via: Shutterstock

The sixty-year-old man, who has remained anonymous for obvious reasons, turned up at Dongguan Hospital of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, in South China's Guangdong Province, on the 12th of November complaining of discomfort in his abdomen.

You'd think he'd mention the glass bottle that was wedged up his behind...

via: Shutterstock

But nope. The unfortunate doctors examining him were to find this gristly situation out for themselves.

It didn't take the doctors long to discover the problem...

Doctor Lin Jun, the facility's head gastroenterologist, said the cause of the discomfort was soon found... around 2 inches inside the man's anus.

They extracted a Florida Water cologne glass bottle from the man's behind...

via: Asia Wire

And it was 7 inches long in total.

The bottle was also 2 inches thick...

Florida Water, known in Mandarin as 'hualushui', is used as a perfume, a hand sanitizer or as an insect repellent... and it is not an object to be inserted into the human body.

So how on earth did the bottle end up in his back-side?!

via: Shutterstock

Speaking to local media, Dr. Jun revealed how the patient explained the misplacement of the bottle.

The patient was in quite a bit of pain...

via: Asia Wire

He said, "The patient told me: 'My abdomen hurts. There's something inside. I can't poo or fart.'"

The entire bottle was inside of him...

via: Asia Wire

"He said his anus was itching. He said, 'I was very uncomfortable, so I bought a bottle of Florida Water and began scratching the itch. Then the bottle accidentally went up my rectum,'" the patient claimed.

A very believable excuse...

And, of course, there are much more safe ways of itching yourself down there.

It has been recommended to seek medical help if an itch is out of control...

via: Shutterstock

Dr. Jun added, "It's better to seek medical attention and let a doctor help you than attempt to resolve similar conditions by buying tools and such things."

Ultimately, the man underwent minor surgery...

via: Shutterstock

He was anesthetized from the waist down and the glass bottle was extracted by reaching into the man's behind and tying a metal wire around its center before pulling it out.

This isn't the first time that doctors have dealt with Florida Water incidents...

In June 2018, Chinese doctors also retrieved a bottle of Florida Water from a patient's rear, while in February of the same year medics at Dongguan's Donghua Hospital surgically removed a 3.5-inch-wide glass sphere a 31-year-old man had inserted up his own behind. Lovely.