McDonald’s Order Error Leaves ‘Traumatized’ Vegetarian ‘Vomiting and in Tears’

Share on Facebook

A vegetarian has been left “vomiting and in tears” after an error was made with their McDonald’s order.

advertisement

The woman was left “traumatized” after the order error resulted in her eating meat.

  via Getty Images  

But people have a lot to say about her reaction…

advertisement

  via Facebook  

advertisement

  via Facebook  

advertisement

  via Facebook  

advertisement

Charlotte Sunshine was left “traumatized” after she ordered the veggie deluxe meal at McDonald’s…

  via Shutterstock  

But instead, she received a chicken burger served in vegetarian packaging.

advertisement

Twenty-six-year-old Sunshine took to Twitter to share her traumatic experience, Ladbible reports.

  via Shutterstock  

In a series of tweets, Sunshine said that she was “completely traumatized” as she had “never eaten meat in my life.”

advertisement

“I’m completely traumatised from being given chicken that’s labelled as a veggie burger when I’ve never eaten meat in my life,” she wrote.

  via Shutterstock  

Sunshine continued to explain that a mistake like this is “dangerous.”

“I’ve vomited and I still feel sick, it is DANGEROUS to mislabel food!!! I immediately burst into tears and was physically sick.”

advertisement

Sunshine explained that she was “really hungry and looking forward to” her food.

  via Shutterstock  

When she took a bite she realised “this was not what I was expecting to bite into,” but as someone who has never tried meat, “it didn’t really register that it tasted like meat.”

“It tasted similar to Quorn but the veggie deluxe doesn’t taste like that,” she said.

advertisement

“As soon as I realised, I froze and I messaged my boyfriend saying that I’m really panicking. I asked him to check if they’d changed the veggie burger, but when I Googled it I saw they hadn’t.”

  via Shutterstock  

Sunshine then asked her boyfriend “to come and pick me up because I didn’t want to be on my own and I needed some moral support.”

“He was upset on my behalf too,” she added.

advertisement

“It’s dangerous. If you’re mislabelling food then it could be something someone’s allergic too.”

  via Shutterstock  

“I know chicken isn’t a common allergy but as I’d never eaten it, I could have been severely allergic to it. I could have been hospitalized.”

advertisement

The outlet reports that a spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “We recognize that it is not acceptable to serve meat when a vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologize to the customer for the mistake that was made in this instance.”

  via Getty Images  

“We have a number of procedures in place to avoid inaccurate orders, but in this case these were not followed, and we are looking into why this occurred. Our Customer Services Team is currently in contact with the customer to help find a resolution.” 

What do you think of the mistake?

advertisement