Miracle Dad Survives 30 Days on Ventilator and Walks out of Hospital on Son’s Second Birthday

Share on Facebook

After being on a ventilator for thirty long days and after experiencing multiple other life-threatening illnesses during that time, a father managed to walk out of the hospital and reunite with his family on his son’s second birthday. If that isn’t strength, then I don’t know what is.

Keep scrolling for the most heartwarming video you’ll ever see…

In a last-ditch effort to slow down the spread of the deadly virus, countries and major cities all over the world have gone into full lockdown.

While medical researchers work tirelessly to find a vaccine, regular people have been urged to avoid any form of social interaction and contact as best they can.

Staying indoors for extended periods of time will understandably wreak havoc on anyone’s mental health but it will be worth it in the long run.

Is being kept away from loved ones.

Others haven’t been so lucky.

People have been urged to not spend time with people who don’t live in their households…

Meaning that millions are unable to visit their family members and friends during these difficult times, which is proving unbearable for many.

And if they contract the virus, their chances of losing their lives is doubled.

After relying on a ventilator to help him breathe for the past thirty days, this one father survived multiple illnesses to be able to reunite with his family.

He already had a previous history of illnesses including a pre-existing condition of ulcerative colitis, a bowel disorder that meant he had to take tablets for.

And was admitted into hospital and diagnosed with the deadly virus. Doctors have said that his condition was the sole reason why his immune system was lacking and made it easier for him to contract the disease.

Omar was rushed to intensive care where he was put on a ventilator that he had to keep using for the next month. But in addition to all these serious issues, he was also diagnosed with sepsis and heart failure.

This led to him being put into a coma from which doctors told his wife, Kaitlyn and children, Vivienne and Harrison, that he was most likely to die from such a devastating string of health problems.

She told the Daily Mirror this: “Omar was struggling to breathe for three days, even though he was being given the highest possible amount of oxygen through a mask,” she said. “Then one day I received a call from the hospital at 4:45am telling me to prepare for the worst. They had decided to intubate him and put him in an induced coma. I had to look at my four-year-old and my two-year-old and think about how I would tell them that their father was dying.”

“It has been so difficult, particularly with two young children. Harrison, who is two next week, didn’t understand and was scared of his dad for the first couple of hours after he came back.”

“In total, he was away for eight weeks. That’s not so long for an adult, but for children, it seems like forever. They didn’t think he was ever coming back. This has been everyone’s worst nightmare. But the support we have received has been overwhelming.”

At one point, they did run out of hope when the doctors told them to prepare for the worst, but in a shocking turn of events, Omar survived! After he woke from his coma, he was left speechless and paralyzed, but his family were just thankful that he was alive and still smiling. What an amazing man.

“It was so emotional. He was in a wheelchair and we met him out in the open air. Before then, when we spoke to him on a video call, he had a blank stare and we didn’t even know if he could recognize us. It was as if he was looking through us. But when we saw him, he was smiling and able to put his arm around the children. It was the first time in six weeks that he had seen someone who wasn’t wearing PPE, let alone his family. It was magical.”

“It was utterly overwhelming,” Kaitlyn said. “He was determined to get out in time for our son’s second birthday and he did it. We’re going to have a really big party, just the four of us. It was amazing seeing everyone coming together to welcome him home.”

Despite being told he may never be able to walk or talk again, Omar was determined to make the impossible, possible. On his way out of the hospital, he managed to walk himself out with nurses and other healthcare professionals standing by his side and applauding his bravery.

Keep scrolling for the full video.

Doctors have told the family that because of his amazing progress already, they are pretty sure that he will be able to achieve 90% of his strength back by the end of the year.

“Vivienne, our four-year-old, is a proper daddy’s girl and hasn’t left his side since he’s been home. She’s been helping him to the toilet and the shower and she’s just so, so happy that he’s home.”

“There’s a long road ahead and it will be a difficult time for us all. But we’re so lucky that my husband is alive.”

“Omar can’t speak properly but I know he would love to give a big thank you to everyone who has helped us, from friends to frontline staff.”

A truly remarkable story. We wish Omar and his family the best. If you want to read another positive story, then keep scrolling…