Ah, Disney movies, how we love them. They're effortlessly cheerful and full of adventure and romance. One thing they aren't, however, is accurate.
Disney movies are chock full of gaffes, blunders and outright mistakes. Here are 20 of the most egregious ones.
1. Many of The Lion King's animals don't actually exist in the savannah
2. Pocahontas and John Smith were never together
3. Snow White wouldn't have known how to clean the dwarves' house.
4. The mosquito's drink in A Bug's LifeThere's a scene in A Bug's Life where a male mosquito orders a tall glass of blood at the bar and proceeds to get wasted. This would be technically incorrect since only female mosquitos drink blood, as they need it to produce eggs. Male mosquitos subsist on flower nectar instead.
5. Anton Ego's misplaced insult
My last review condemned it to the tourist train. 'Gusteau has finally found his rightful place in history right alongside another equally famous chef: Monsieur Boyardee.'There's only one problem with this, however. The real chef Boyardee, Ettore “Hector" Boiardi, was an extremely successful man. Not only was he the head chef of the famous Plaza Hotel, he had his own restaurant, and even catered the wedding reception of President Woodrow Wilson and his second wife, Edith. Ego's insult is actually a compliment.