Motherhood presents us all with a constant flow of infinite and never-ending choices. Bottle feed or Breastfeed? When to wean and which formula? Sleep train or soothe? Work or stay home? Self-care or to-do list? Clean the kids or the house? We don't always get it right. In fact, sometimes, we just flat out fail.
But ultimately, there's really only one choice that defines us as parents. It's a choice that we're presented with every single day, all day. And sometimes, all night, too.
Cry or Laugh?
Somedays, a good cry is totally necessary. But other days, most days, we gotta just laugh at how perfectly we manage to fail at parenting. So when you're faced with the choice to laugh or cry- laugh, and we'll laugh with you (and at you, but in a totally loving way). And if you need to cry, by all means, let it out. But throw a little laughter in there at the end. You may appear visibly unstable, but what's new. You're a mom. You fail. And you happen to be totally awesome at it.
These 20 #momfails remind us to laugh not only at ourselves but also at each other, whenever possible.
1) Self-care is easier said than done. Take it from these two moms.But one thing is for sure... Keeping it real with your mom friends keeps you sane, reminds you that you're not alone in your mom-failings, and that it could ALWAYS be worse.
2) It's not DiGiorno, It's Delivery.
When you are too absent minded to handle a frozen pizza. #momfail #pizza #UberEATS https://t.co/3P08ZGbfDi— Amity Addrisi (@Amity Addrisi)1517701001.0
3) Teach them young.
4) When you try to discipline your kid but just end up punishing yourself.
5) Keep them busy at all costs.
6) Teach them to fish.
Sorry bud, you don’t eat the red part #momfail https://t.co/turHFuiIYj— Christela McC (@Christela McC)1517863585.0
7) This mom gets points for instilling fear with a little creativity.
My kids leave their chargers plugged in without a device hooked up to it all the time. Me tonight- that's how Jack… https://t.co/VS9FSowZKZ— Alexa Martin (@Alexa Martin)1518675888.0
8) This mom-fail manages to teach an important lesson in finance.
9) Somedays, it's just one thing after the next.
10) Silence is golden, and then it's just gross.
A silent toddler is never a good thing. #momfail #toddlerlife #parenting https://t.co/KFbbiF2nNi— Leah Miranda 🌹 (@Leah Miranda 🌹)1516560074.0
11) Moms gotta eat too!
12) Homework time often requires a little liquid patience, followed by an extensive cover-up.
13) Here's one way to cover up those "juice" stains.
14) Here's one genius mom's way of ensuring that she'll never be asked to volunteer at her kid's school again.This mom accidentally incorporated a biology lesson into her child's arts and crafts class with homemade play dough that looks like placenta. Way to multi-task, mama.
15) When your mom-fail gets you in trouble with your kid AND Jesus...
16) Second child Syndrome is real and so is the struggle.
17) Better run that load again, mama.
18) Well, I told you not to run...Some days, they make it impossible for us to do just about anything right... Like opening the car door. Or avoiding the Emergency Room before 8:00am.
19) When you really should have shown up for Home-Ec class.
20) And in case you thought I was just throwing shade...
So much for capturing this magical moment. #momfail #mominterrupted https://t.co/hjUzFwBKdt— mom interrupted (@mom interrupted)1518731811.0