A mom has shared a video of her daughter seemingly "frozen" and "possessed" after her drink was spiked at a nightclub.

Millie Taplin, from Essex UK, was stuck unable to walk or talk for around 4 hours after she was allegedly drugged. Millie started to feel unwell after a man had offered her a drink on her first night out since turning eighteen.

The man in question told her 'try this,' and soon after she was rushed to A&E, where doctors found traces of 2 drugs in her system, "one to paralyze and one to knock her out," said her devastated mom Claire.

Claire has since shared a terrifying video of Millie in a hospital bed where she can be seen with her jaw clenched, eyes wide open and fingers bent like "claws," hoping it will warn other young girls about the dangers of accepting drinks from strangers.

The mum told the Mirror: "As disturbing as it is if that saves one girl, just one, then it's worth sharing. Nothing can prepare you to see that.

"It's just absolutely horrendous. She looked possessed.

"I was numb. I was looking at her and thought, 'what the hell have they given her,' because I've never seen anything like it in my life.

"She was completely frozen, her hands were like claws."

Claire added: "The thing that destroyed me was she knew everything that was going on but she was frozen.

"When I made contact with her I could see that she was there, she was trying to me eye contact with me but she couldn't speak."

Millie and her friends were at a nightclub when a man offered her a drink and said 'try this,' her mom said.

Claire added: "She took two sips and she didn't like it because it was really strong. Within five or ten minutes she felt sick, she wanted to go outside."

"She said, 'I've been spiked.' She knew she wasn't feeling drunk, she knew it wasn't right.

"She was sick and she couldn't see, she couldn't walk."

Millie told the local news website Your Southend: "I started to feel really hot so I told my friends I need to go outside get some fresh air.

"I was sick in the alleyway opposite and that's when I couldn't see properly, I couldn't feel my hands.

"I knew that I wasn't right, I was trying to speak and was stuttering and mumbling."

After seeing that she was struggling to walk and talk, Millie's friends called her older sister who drove her and her friends to A&E on Saturday morning.

Claire said: "I got there at 1.30 am, the video shows what I was greeted with. I was just blown away.

"I thought long and hard about posting [the video]. You always hear about people being spiked but you never see the reality of it, so I posted it."

Claire said Millie was in that state for around 4 hours and was discharged from the hospital later that morning.

She was "completely out of it" all Saturday but has recovered.

She reported it to Essex Police and the nightclub where she was spiked.

Claire said: "It was the first time she has ever been out clubbing on her own. I hope it doesn't stop her from wanting to go out.

"It could have happened anywhere.

"I don't think Millie will ever take a drink off someone ever again."

An Essex Police spokesman said: "We are investigating after we received a report of a woman having a drink spiked at a nightclub in Southend.

"It is reported that an 18-year-old woman had taken ill outside a venue in Warrior Square.

"The report was made to us at 3.30 am on Saturday 1 August. The woman was taken to the hospital for assessment.

"No arrests have been made and our inquiries are ongoing."

We hope her terrifying account will be a warning for other girls not to accept drinks from strangers, although it's devastating that we even need to warn girls of this danger.