When you think of iconic bosses, The Office’s Michael Scott is right at the top of the list. He’s bumbling, insensitive, and at times just clueless—but his antics kept us coming back for season after season of the show!
A recent Reddit thread set out to answer the question: are there any real-life Michael Scotts? The answer, unsurprisingly, is "heck yes."
Check out these 35 people, and their crazy stories of bosses who’d put Michael to shame!
Don’t take the hint!MyHandsAlwaysHurt
That car ride was less than ideal!Smiling_Mister_J
Valiant attempt, but Subway is on every other street.Gumburcules
If this boss wanted to be included, he had a strange way of showing it!TurbulentJello What other Michael-isms have people found out in the wild? Find out on the next page!
Now this is just gross.blueeyesredlipstick
Just goes to show: if you treat your work like garbage, janitors will too!Theres_A_FAP_4_That
This boss didn’t really get “professional."carbcat
A swing and a miss with this barbecue.kev_61483
Nobody wins if the boss can’t win, apparently.PM_ME_UR_Definitions You won't believe the crazy things these Redditors' bosses have done on the next page!
Are we sure Michael Scott isn’t a real person?
- Being excited about a new thing he got
- Wildly overestimating the impressiveness of said thing
- Trying to get his employees to like him by doing an unnecessary, unhelpful, but ultimately nice thing
- Assuming the employees are in need of his help in the first place
- The whole thing blows up in his face, of course
- Winds up getting bailed out by someone he probably was embarrassed to accept help from - not just his employee, but the employee's wife.