Millions of his fans have been sending their well wishes, but others have been sharing their own wholesome stories about the actor.
Keep scrolling to read the best ones...
Tom Hanks is one of the most famous and recognizable actors of all time...
via: Getty ImagesHanks has starred in and produced so many timeless productions, and has even been honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at this year's Golden Globes.
Forrest Gump is probably one of Hank's most recognizable performances.
via: imdbForrest Gump, which was released in 1994, followed the story of an Alabama man with a low IQ living through some of America’s most iconic and life-changing events, such as presidencies of J.F Kennedy and Johnson, the Vietnam war, and Watergate.
But he's also known as being one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.
via: Getty ImagesSo, quite understandably, people were horrified to hear that he had caught the deadly coronavirus over the weekend.
Tom made his shock announcement via Instagram..."Hello, folks. @ritawilson and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive. Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?"
He and his wife are currently in quarantine.
Because, obviously, people have been completely losing it.
Me searching #TomHanks age and medical history to make sure he’ll be okay https://t.co/5lU6Wf1dVm— it is what it is (@it is what it is)1584001906.0
And, amid all the panic...Other users have been sharing their own personal stories about the actor.
It turns out that a lot of people have met Tom Hanks...
And, he has proven he is always the gentleman.
28. Someone got a Woody tattoo on their chest...
via: TwitterAnd showed Tom Hanks. I can't make this stuff up.
Of course, his response was just as great as you'd imagine...
via: tomhanksVery wholesome.
27. He was spotted in a car once.
via: Coastal__EddyYep, celebrities drive cars too... But just look at how happy he is. It makes the heart warm.
26. One guy shared his ski trip encounter.
via: stuartpstevensImagine how you'd feel when the realization hit...
25. The sneaky selfie.
via: whittlzThis is one of the best things we've seen. Like ever.
24. Tom once wrote a beautiful letter to someone whose father had just died...
via: zwackmomThe actor is known for responding to fan mail using a typewriter but this really tops them all off.
23. Then there's the time he gatecrashed a wedding...
via: Steve_GoldbergWell, this is something to tell the grandkids.
22. "He's just a nice guy."
via: meganmarielynnOf course he would be the one to stop. Would we expect anything less?
21. And Tom has never been a stranger to helping those in need.
via: SusieMolloyCan you get any more wholesome?
20. This guy received a personal thank you letter from the actor.
via: DennisWAlpertHe seems like he makes so much time for his fans.
19. This beautiful act of generosity.
via: audreyalisonOur hearts can't handle this.
18. We all know how Tom feels about discarded gloves...
via: E_ONeill1024ReportThe actor has an infamous obsession with lost gloves, and his Instagram is littered with photos of singular gloves in various locations. Clearly, he was wanting to save one for this woman here.
17. The time he called someone's girlfriend...
via: TheAmyMaxeyHe definitely went the extra mile here...
16. His kind, yet rather random, coffee machine donation.
via: LAReviewofBooksBecause who doesn't need some fancy coffee in their life?
15. "The nicest human ever."
via: TwitterThis woman was clearly gushing over the actor and we can certainly see why.
14. He's also a loyal friend.
via: TwitterHe's never let his fame get to his head.
13. He is always making time for others.
via: TwitterThis is so sweet.
12. The time he gave out free popcorn.
via: TwitterFree popcorn? From Tom Hanks? Count us in.
11. This guy shook his hand on the Apollo 13 set.
via: TwitterWe wished you'd asked for a picture too...
10. He's such a supportive friend.
via: TwitterThere's nothing better than someone who is always there supporting their loved ones, regardless of how hectic your schedule is.
9. "One of the nicest customers I had the pleasure to serve."
via: TwitterAfter all, manners cost nothing!
8. Plus one.
via: TwitterHe clearly lives up to expectations.
7. Obviously, he's a very modest guy.
via: TwitterCelebs can fangirl too you know!
6. Yet another act of generosity...
via: TwitterThey just keep coming!
5. "One of the most genuine people I have ever met."
via: TwitterIt's nice to be nice.
4. Spending time with his fans.
via: TwitterIt's so refreshing to see a celebrity be interested in a fans' life in such a big way!
3. The time he walked into someone's guitar lesson...
via: TwitterWe wish we could have been a fly on the wall for this.
2. Tom is massively into his charity work.
via: TwitterHe's done so much charity work yet never brags about it.
1. A handwritten note.
via: TwitterCan you get any more heartwarming? No. No, you can't.