While most of us have been gathering in the masses to protest against the death of George Floyd, others have been taking to the streets by themselves - and they are the perfect example that you don't need the crowds to show your solidarity to a cause.
The Black Lives Matter movement has never before been so prominent.
via: GettyOn Monday, May 25th, a defenseless black man was killed while in a police restraint.
George Floyd was arrested and forced to the ground...
this man, #GeorgeFloyd did not deserve to die. #BlackLivesMatter https://t.co/w405ouIk5V— moon (@moon)1590639498.0
Footage of George's "arrest" quickly circulated on social media...
via: TwitterAnd, in the highly distressing scenes, he could be heard begging with the officers to release him and repeatedly saying "Please, please... I can't breathe."
After nearly ten minutes, George was completely unresponsive.An ambulance arrived and took the unconscious man to hospital but, devastatingly, he was pronounced dead upon arrival. He was only forty-six years old.
This kind of police brutality has been happening for centuries now...
via: GettyBut George's death has sparked an outrage like never before.
Thousands upon thousands of people have been taking to the streets in protest...
via: GettyAnd they are all marching for one thing: For the blatant racism and injustice in this country to be brought to an end.
The scenes have been staggering.
via: GettyDespite the lingering threat of the ongoing medical pandemic, people have been gathering and marching together in solidarity.
But not everyone has been protesting in such large numbers.
via: GettySeveral people across the country have been standing up for the Black Lives Matter movement alone in their communities, and they are the perfect example that you don't need crowds to have a voice.
Their singular solidarity really is remarkable.
via: GettyKeep scrolling to see a selection of photos from these remarkable solo protests...
1. This woman took to the streets to fight for justice...Despite none of her friends wanting to join her. Now that's what you call passion.
2. This elderly gentleman took his solo protest to his local park.
3. "Karens against police brutality."
4. A lone protestor in a small, Southern city.
5. These solo protestors speak words just as loud as the crowds.
6. Black Lives Matter.
7. A firefighter from Toronto was spotted sitting alone at an intersection to spread his message.
Adrian McCreath, a firefighter from Toronto, sits at the intersection of 100 St and 100 Ave in an act of anti-racis… https://t.co/KhuU9LOo4O— CJDC-TV News (@CJDC-TV News)1591124324.0
8. Am I next?
9. A single man in Florida faced off with the police...
West Palm Beach, Florida Sherrifs shut down I-95 today in preparation for the peaceful protest and this dude ran a… https://t.co/Ekp4O3w2Rm— Tyler Levenson (@Tyler Levenson)1590965959.0
10. "Stop Killing Black People."
11. While out protesting by herself, this eighty-year-old woman was confronted by the police in her home town of Palm Beach.
Ms. Leta must be protected at all costs. She's truly the definition of standing up for what is right even if you're… https://t.co/CjZfIBbvNe— Graceless (@Graceless)1591236323.0
12. For some barbaric reason, someone called the cops on this lone protestor.
Shout to to this guy for somehow getting the cops called on him for his one man protest (credit tiktok user shaneme… https://t.co/YwVJjsG80z— Mr. On WebMD Cause He Forgot He Ate Beets (@Mr. On WebMD Cause He Forgot He Ate Beets)1591186584.0
13. A young woman independently protested in Alabama.
14. A man and his dogs protested at sunset.
@baddiejezzy My husband, doing the same. https://t.co/BInewpUWYP— Stefania Franja (@Stefania Franja)1591235310.0
15. This man showed his solidarity by breaking curfew."It’s not much of a protest, but it’s the best I can do right now. Sitting outside past 'curfew.'"
16. This protestor arrived a little early to the organized demonstration in Anaheim.
There was a sole protester already in front of Anaheim City Hall. One organized protest is expected to take place… https://t.co/LlnqIQo1lK— Daniel Guerrero (@Daniel Guerrero)1591050262.0
17. This young woman walked up and down a road by herself...
@baddiejezzy I saw a young African American girl, standing on a street corner all by herself. Few cars drive by and… https://t.co/hFp3pko1vb— RANDY DANNER (@RANDY DANNER)1591212377.0
18. A father and son take a knee in the privacy of their own garden.
@baddiejezzy My son & I did our own kneel down in front of the house on our street. Good work Mom. https://t.co/EjQ5SD5YTd— Terry Hannan (@Terry Hannan)1591278268.0
But, sadly, not everyone has been so effective in their fight against racism.
via: GettyKeep scrolling to read about the influencer who was slammed for blackface after they posted a video in support of Black Lives Matter...