If you don't know who Bob Ross is, it's about time you do, because he might change your life forever and for the better.
Bob Ross has become a household name for his amazing paintings, inspirational videos and quite frankly, his unique demeanor. Some people call his creative little sayings his "Bob-isms" because they are so quirky and well, kind of random. Although Bob passed away in 1995, his videos and paintings are still known and loved by many.
There are no crazy gimmicks, no insane videography skills or loud music. What's so great about Bob is his simplicity and the purity in what he does. And he's actually an amazing painter. But there is more to the man than just what exists in his YouTube Video. Let's get to know the real Bob Ross because there is so much more to him than just his fluffy clouds and fluffier hair.
Meet Bob RossYes, he's a painter who is incredibly patient and encouraging while teaching you how to paint an autumn sky. But, what is behind his curly hair, kind brush strokes, and all those happy little trees?
Painter, internet sensation and friend to squirrelsYoutube Channel currently has over 1.6 Million subscribers!
1. His hair isn't naturally curly
2. He actually hated that perman interview about Ross. His perm became his staple look and it was already too late; the people loved it and there was no going back.
A true fashion iconNot a fact but he is a style icon I mean this is a LOOK. The denim on denim, the gold chain, the slightly unbuttoned shirt and the glasses. He was really making a statement.
3. Bob was in the Air ForceHe served for two decades in the Air Force and retired with the rank of Master Sergeant. Who would have guessed that this gentleman was once an uptight sergeant?
4. He was a perfectionist
5. Bob was a little bit of a control-freakKowalski, his long-time business partner. Maybe he wasn't as carefree as those fluffy clouds but he sure played it off like he was.
6. He was born in Florida but worked in Alaska
7. His voice is so soothing, it actually helps some people with insomniaCalm has the option to hear Bob Ross tell a short story with his lovely voice that's supposed to help you fall asleep quicker. This sounds a little weird, but hey, whatever helps you get you to sleep!
8. He's an animal lover
9. Like, really loved animalsAt one point, Bob thought about stepping away from painting to start a TV show called "Bob's World" where he wanted to teach kids about animals and wildlife. I am continuously amazed by this man.
Look at this squirrelOkay, 30 seconds into this video Bob starts bottle feeding this precious squirrel. He named this squirrel Peapod (okay, so cute) and sometimes he would sit in Bob's pocket while he painted. Yes, he might also be a squirrel whisperer.
10. His voice wasn't always so softinterview. "I promised myself that if I ever got away from it, it wasn't going to be that way anymore."
11. Before he painted on a canvas, he painted on pansEbay.
12. His student became his manager
Discover the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross Annette Kowalski https://t.co/ipsnu89W5R https://t.co/YZ3mg5xl54— Erica Allmon (@Erica Allmon)1486175404.0
13. Bob painted for free
14. He was pretty damn fast
15. Japan was a huge fanHis shows aired all over the world, but for some reason, Japan was particularly fond of Bob. His show aired twice a day there and had high ratings. They missed out on his beautiful voice because they dubbed over it in Japanese but his amazing artwork was still shown. He once visited the country and was mobbed by his adoring fans.
16. Other artists were not big fanspretty open about their opinions on Bob, saying his work was "thoughtless" and that he was "a commercial exploiter". Bob kept doing his thing though and all the more people loved him for it.
17. There were many late night rehearsals
18. He stayed away from painting people
19. Not all his viewers were painters
20. He's a tree huggerbreakdown of Bob Ross' work and found that 91% of his paintings included at least one tree. Where there was one tree, there was a 93% chance that he'd paint a friend for his tree. You know, because trees don't like to be lonely.
Tree FriendsHe's absolutely right. Branches don't like to be alone.
21. There might have been a Bob Ross video gamevideo game. All the painting you can imagine on your handheld game controller. Much cooler than just using the "paint" option on your parents desktop computer. This is definitely something I would have put on my Christmas list.
22. He didn't sell his workOkay, is he a saint? I am becoming more and more certain that he really is. So, where did they all go? Most of them were donated. I know, so touching. PBS would auction them off to help with fundraisers, and the rest were held onto for safekeeping.
23. He had one son
24. He has a museumBob Ross Museum that teaches art workshops inspired by the man himself. The museum has over 300 original art pieces that PBS donated. If you're a true Bob Ross geek, you will find that this might actually be your own personal heaven.
25. There is a Bob Ross action figure
Funko Pop TV Bob Ross in Overalls is 36% off https://t.co/j4xuM2WWNx https://t.co/wjQpEjwNIf— Betina (@Betina)1535914029.0