Rumors about the true nature of the seemingly warm and bubbly Ellen DeGeneres have been circulating the internet for years... But now, an interview from The Ellen Show has resurfaced, and people are convinced that it shows "who she really is."
This video really does not show Ellen in a positive light...
For years now, rumors about Ellen DeGeneres' true personality have been rife.
via: GettyThough the television host appears to have a warm and bubbly demeanor while on-screen, her off-screen character is apparently a little less favorable.
Various stories that detail Ellen's true character have circulated online for years.
via: GettyThough she has built her on-screen persona around being outspoken against injustice and generous to the needy, many people have claimed that, in real life, she is quite the opposite.
Those who have met the star have claimed that she is nothing more than another power-hungry, self-centered celebrity.
ellen's whole thing about treating everyone with kindness only applies to people in her specific tax bracket, based… https://t.co/VXYccrutpJ— JackAM! (formerly GrinchPosting/JackAllisonLOL) (@JackAM! (formerly GrinchPosting/JackAllisonLOL))1570713430.0
Ellen loves nothing more than to befriend the rich and the powerful...
via: GettyWhich, in itself, should be a hint at her true personality and values.
And, in recent years, Ellen's image has been questioned more and more.
via: GettyCracks have certainly begun to show, and rumors of the somewhat nastier personality behind the famous smiling blonde-haired, blue-eyed face have been intensifying.
Evidently, people who know the host have been growing tired of her flawless persona...
via: GettyAnd, for many years now, a number of different former employees have been attempting to expose Ellen for who she truly is.
These employees certainly haven't held back.
via: GettyHer behavior is shocking.
1. Ellen clearly doesn't care too much for writers strikes...
@KevinTPorter @JesseThorn @LAFoodBank Karen Kilgariff was her head writer for 5 years until the writers' strike. Wh… https://t.co/M7ULrjAlqb— J. Fisher (@J. Fisher)1584724944.0
2. More scandal regarding her treatment of staff.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank My friend wrote for the Ellen Show for two years and told me Ellen didn’t greet her once.… https://t.co/rOK2u9C3mr— Cathy Messier (@Cathy Messier)1584724649.0
3. Staff weren't even allowed in the same room as her.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank Some friends who work /worked on her show said many of her staff members weren't allowed… https://t.co/ujfdvB1t7A— MKB (@MKB)1584724529.0
4. Her veganism has certainly ruffled a few feathers in the past.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank Was wrking on a show @ WB that was next to her stage. Was our showrunner's 50th Bday. Cat… https://t.co/1tYwIRknJ9— Alison Freer ✂️ (@Alison Freer ✂️)1584732667.0
5. The time she bullied Mariah Carey into admitting she was pregnant on The Ellen Show.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank There was that time she bullied Mariah Carey into admitting she was pregnant https://t.co/Lp2d2aD0JI— U2 Give Mariah Her Grammy (@U2 Give Mariah Her Grammy)1584741875.0
6. She reportedly sacked someone for talking to her too much.This Twitter user came forward with a damning story that, after a mildly autistic employee talked to and simply looked at the host too often, he was fired.
7. Ellen doesn't want any of her celebrity buddies to mingle with the common folk.Ellen has notoriously sucked up to the rich and famous for years, and apparently she wants to keep them all for herself. When Russell Brand wandered into the employee break area to chat with the crew, Ellen apparently got quite irritated and told him that he "doesn't have to interact with these people."
8. She has a "sensitive nose".And this highly sensitive nose apparently means that people working around her have to take extra care with their smell... Including chewing gum from a bowl outside her office before speaking to her. Some members of staff have even been asked to go home and shower. Now that's just rude.
9. She apparently chooses someone new to "hate".
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank B) A new staff member was told "every day she picks someone different to really hate. It'… https://t.co/pA7wtNI1Xh— Benjamin Siemon (@Benjamin Siemon)1584725185.0
10. Staff members are reportedly encouraged to cheer her up when she's in a bad mood.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank C) When she's in a bad mood staff members were highly encouraged by upper management to g… https://t.co/U7G8k0wLw3— Benjamin Siemon (@Benjamin Siemon)1584725283.0
11. Her compassion for animals strikes again.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank D) She cares about animals which is good but so sensitive for example if someone tried to… https://t.co/xuFBexYB5j— Benjamin Siemon (@Benjamin Siemon)1584725438.0
12. She's notoriously picky with her scripts.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank And E) If she doesn't like the monologue someone wrote that day, she'll drop it on the fl… https://t.co/mrDhB4AgXU— Benjamin Siemon (@Benjamin Siemon)1584725540.0
13. She reportedly refused to pay tribute to Joan Rivers...
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank Kathy Griffin said that when Joan Rivers died, Ellen staunchly refused to do a tribute to… https://t.co/260goyyiLO— Brett Ashley Hawkins (@Brett Ashley Hawkins)1584732452.0
14. Ellen apparently hates her own fans.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank Comic I know became friendly with her, said she openly expressed her deep disdain for her… https://t.co/f5hFuC9CL1— Chase Mitchell (@Chase Mitchell)1584725118.0
15. She tried to get a waitress fired. Apparently.
@KevinTPorter @LAFoodBank I can’t vouch for anything being “real” if it didn’t happen to me, but this is as close a… https://t.co/lRLzTDOmn5— Carrie Poppy, Interested Party (@Carrie Poppy, Interested Party)1584725028.0
The list could go on.
via: GettyBut, out of all these grotesque stories, there is one incident that is particularly dreadful.
Last year, actress Dakota Johnson appeared on The Ellen Show...
dakota johnson embarrassing the living fuck out of ellen on her own show we love to see it— michael bennett 📽 (@michael bennett 📽)1574921066.0
Ellen started the interview by bringing up Dakota's recent Malibu birthday party.
But Dakota comes back with a shocking revealtion.
Ellen looks incredibly uncomfortable at this...And, as she grips tightly onto the arm of her couch, she stammers, "Well, who doesn't want to be invited to a party?" In which Dakota responds with a casual laugh, "Well, I didn't even know you liked me."
Ellen, with sheer panic in her eyes, shoots back:
Dakota laughs it off but continues:
And then, for the really awkward part...Dakota points out, "Ask Jonathan, your producer." Ellen looks around desperately while attempting to string words together, "Was it... Was it...?".
A producer hastily comes to the recuse by calling:
It is the most unbearably awkward moment.But people are loving it.
There's something immensely satisfying about watching Ellen get called out...
Me watching Dakota Johnson savage an insincere Bush loving talkshow host. https://t.co/DMwrwowjaO— Sam Walker-Smart (@Sam Walker-Smart)1575220193.0
But others have dubbed the incident as "gross."
@redtyphlosion I used to love ellen, but i dont anymore after i saw the video with dakota. And this video is also s… https://t.co/ccl3mdtnXo— Laura #BLM (@Laura #BLM)1577096491.0