The AMAs red carpet is always a great place to see celebrity outfits, both great and terrible. The fun atmosphere of the awards ceremony means stars tend to get a bit more experimental in their style - with some successful, and some (unintentionally) hilarious results.
But one star went for a pretty controversial look - complete with a giant new inking right on her thigh. Keep scrolling to see why Selena Gomez's look had everyone on the internet talking.
But let's start with a rundown of the most talked-about red carpet looks.
40. Billy PorterLooking very saintly in a floor-length white cape by Thom Browne and an incredible headdress by Stephen Jones Millinery.
39. LizzoShe never fails to look incredible, and this adorable Valentino number is no exception.
38. Dua LipaThis pink Miu Miu gown is a little basic, but there's no denying she looks stunning.
37. Sofia CarsonThis Francesco Scognamiglio reflective dress is just editorial enough, while still looking uber-glam.
36. CiaraIf this was a dress, it might be a little too dull - but the fact it's a catsuit totally elevates the look.
35. Lil Nas XThe epitome of "shouldn't work, but it does."
34. Ciara (again)Our only double appearance on the list has to go to this stunning oversized royal blue suit.
33. Maya HawkeThis Dior gown is the perfect blend of gothic and princessy.
32. Katherine LangfordThe star stepped outside the box in this Rodarte gown. We particularly love her bejeweled hairline.
31. Jenna DewanPregnancy red carpet dressing done right.
30. HalseyThis is honestly one of the most beautiful looks we've ever seen.
29. DiploYou've got to respect a man who knows his personal style.
28. Shawn MendesHe sure knows how to stop basics being boring.
27. Lauren JaureguiThis snakeskin ballgown is the perfect blend of high class and trash.
26. Jamie Lee CurtisSimple (and perhaps a tiny bit boring) but undeniably effective.
25. Camila CabelloA slightly predictable, but undeniably super pretty choice.
24. Meg DonnellyThe contrasting materials, beautiful tiers, and bejeweled gloves elevate this look.
23. Carrie UnderwoodPurple sequins fit for a country music queen - after scooping both Best Country Female Artist and Best Country Album.
22. Alyson StonerProps to the Disney Channel star for thinking outside the box!
21. Kane BrownThe power suit is simple, but the subtle print adds a layer of interest.
20. Paula AbdulSure, we wouldn't wear this - but it's perfect for Paula Abdul's inner showgirl.
19. Constance WuWe're absolutely obsessed with this adorable babydoll dress and space buns combo.
18. Pia MiaThe iridescent orange fabric appeals to our inner magpie.
17. Heidi KlumThe '60s negligee-dress wouldn't be out of a place in a Bond film.
16. Green DayYou can't go wrong with classic black - although carrying an acoustic guitar is kind of unacceptable. Loving the drawn-on mustache, though!
15. Angez MoThese candy colors look good enough to eat.
14. Kelly OsborneThis simple black dress is elevated by her beautiful purple hairdo.
13. Nick ViallIt's a little bit corny - but we can't help but like this turquoise velvet blazer.
12.Post MaloneHow does this man pull off such objectively ugly outfits?
11. Ella MaiThe long power braid makes it.
10. Misty CopelandYou wouldn't expect anything less than full glamour from this ballet star, right?
9. Dan LevyMatching his sneakers to his coat is a truly ingenious touch.
8. Megan Thee StallionAlthough honestly, she could rock up in a paper bag and still make the list.
7. Patrick StarrLove him or hate him, you can't ever accuse Starr of not making the effort.
6. Kelsea BalleriniProving that suits don't have to just be for the boys.
5. Thomas RhettThis faded floral print is pretty without being too over-the-top.
4. Julissa BermudezBecause really, silver draped gowns with cut-out cleavages are what the AMAs are all about.
3. Patrick SchwarzeneggerWe're loving this slightly cartoony take on the classic suit.
2. Taylor SwiftThe spangly golden-green layered dress was the perfect look for the undisputed star of the night.
1. Selena GomezThis eye-popping chartreuse mini-dress is totally gorgeous. But that's not the only reason everyone was talking about Gomez's red carpet look.
Because just prior to the red carpet ...
SELENA’s NEW TATTOO OMFGGGG— issy (@issy)1574647348.0
Gomez posted a bunch of polaroids, but one, in particular, showed off her latest inking.
And I do have to admit I like Selena Gomez is praying hands cross Rosary beads tattoo https://t.co/QLCKVYtTUB— robert kostman (@robert kostman)1574653810.0
But in spite of its rather extreme nature...It seems fans are loving her new tatt - and her incredible AMAs performance, too!
Here's her Instagram post.
And after the year she's had...
\\ Okay but I loved Selena’s new tattoo— Selena |Parody| (@Selena |Parody|)1574658845.0