Mom Sends Warning After 12-Year-Old Son Dies When Charging Phone Falls into Bathtub

Share on Facebook

A twelve-year-old boy was tragically killed as a result of his phone falling into his bath while it was left on charge.

Keep scrolling to learn more about this devastating story, and the true danger that cell phones bring…

advertisement

We probably couldn’t live without our smartphones, could we?

  via : Getty Images  

And, even if it means charging them up every few hours and taking a charger out and about with us – our clever little devices are totally worth it.

advertisement

Smartphones do an awful lot of jobs and tasks for us…

  via : Getty Images  

So it’s no wonder that they need charging up so often!

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

The mechanism works at such high speeds that it is, of course, going to warm up slightly – especially when being put on charge.

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

Using features such as the camera, WiFi, and display brightness are common factors in the over-heating of smartphones.

advertisement

But the most common factor in phones over-heating?

  via : Getty Images  

Charging. While the majority of smartphones only heat up slightly, there have been many reported cases of smartphones getting extremely hot to the point where they begin smoking or even set on fire.

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

Writing on Reddit, a Samsung smartphone owner explained that her phone completely froze and shut down. She went to put it on charge, but, within seconds, the whole thing “went up in flames.” Luckily, the woman used a couple of nearby towels to distinguish the flames, but she ended up with burns on her hands.

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

It is often stressed to never leave your phone charging overnight, especially by fire services all around the world.
A fire chief from the U.K warned that we must never plug our phones in overnight after having dealt with houses being completely engulfed in flames – all caused by 1 smartphone.

advertisement

Many do not realize it, but leaving a phone plugged in for long periods of time is extremely dangerous…

  via : Getty Images  

“Never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods – and ensure the plug to the charger is switched off even if it’s not connected to your phone/electrical item,” the fire chief of Leicester Fire Department said.

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

Sleeping with phones in bed was also advised against.

advertisement

  via : Getty Images  

Because a charging phone mixed with water can cause real peril – as this story shows.

advertisement

Russian art blogger and lecturer Anastasia Sosnovskaya has spoken out this week.

  via Shutterstock  

After the tragic death of her twelve-year-old son Yaroslav.

advertisement

He was bathing while playing on his iPhone 4.

  via Shutterstock  

But disaster struck when his phone fell into the bath.

advertisement

“We have lost our son,” she wrote.

  via Shutterstock  

“He was twelve, absolutely healthy, happy, with big plans.”

advertisement

“We tried to resuscitate him for forty minutes, but nothing helped.”

  via Shutterstock  

​”And we did not understand at first what had happened.”

advertisement


“Today, after almost 2 weeks, the forensic analysis told us the reason.”

  via Shutterstock  

“It was an electric shock in the bathroom from his phone which was charging.”

advertisement

The boy managed to throw the phone from the tub after it fell.

  via Shutterstock  

But it was too late and he was electrocuted.

advertisement

“I want every person to know that, yes, people die from this.”

  via Shutterstock  

“So that you once and for all forbid children – and yourself -using phones in the bath.”

advertisement

“Children – never. Under no pretext.”

  via Shutterstock  

“There are a lot of [people who have died] because we underestimate the risks.”

advertisement

“I was sure that it was impossible to die from this. If only I knew.”

  via Shutterstock  

She urged her followers to spread the message.
“Someone will think, someone will forbid (their children), someone will learn that it is really life-threatening.”

advertisement

“Then at least some meaning appears for me in what happened.”

  via Shutterstock  

“Because children should not die of stupidity that is so easily prevented.”

advertisement