Everyone has their fair share of workplace horror stories. Maybe your boss is a jerk, or the pay is bad. Sometimes you're forced to work overtime, but usually it's nothing so bad that you question your own morals after working there.
These 10 stories of workplace horrors might make you seriously reconsider visiting certain retail and fast-food establishments.
Seriously, how do the managers from #8 live with themselves?!
1. "I worked in a coffee shop where they would buy individually packaged muffins in bulk, like the kind you see in convenience stores."
via: Getty"They would then have us remove them from their packaging and wrap them in saran wrap, and sell them as homemade for over twice the price as what they sold literally next door at the gas station. I always enjoyed the compliments I got for my baking skills."-Mlefurr
2. "I worked at CVS and we had a guy go back to the pharmacy, reach over the counter and grab a tray full of filled(?) prescription papers and ran out the emergency exit."
via: Getty"These papers included private information on DOZENS of our customers. Names, numbers, addresses, meds they are on, etc.. There was virtually no reason for that information to be so easily accessible or out in the open, even behind the counter. Some tech really screwed up, but the kicker was my store manager who told everyone not to tell anyone or report it because it 'wasn't that big of a deal.' All I could think about were all of my regular customers that had come in that day. Called HR that night and reported him. turns out, it was a big deal. Full on investigation big deal. Every single one of our customers had to be called and informed of a breach because there was no way to know who's prescriptions were in that tray and who's weren't. We lost a lot of clients."-NeoQueenSerenity
3. "At a movie theater where I used to work, at the end of the night, we would collect all the unsold popcorn and stuff it into these enormous yellow trash bags."KitchenSwillForPigs
4. "Went to an Aveda beauty school. Every year Aveda does a big recycling cap program, since most plastic caps cannot be recycled."
via: Getty"We collected caps for a month, and our clients were really excited to be helping the environment. After the promo was done the instructors made us grab 3-4 garbage bags of caps each...and we threw them in the dumpster of the building next door. We didn't even use our own trash. Probably because Aveda can take away their franchising rights if they find any infractions."-stalkercupcake
5. "I "managed" a food joint at a six flags when I was 16. But a 16yo running a food establishment is not even the worst part."CunningMan59
6. "The first thing you do every day at PetSmart is dump the dead reptiles into the trash."enjollras
7. "Worked at Domino's in college. Our franchisee made it a fireable offense to call in sick."enigmazweb24
8. "I worked at this awful fucking pet store that sold dogs."
via: Getty"We all knew the prices of all the dogs by heart but if someone asked we had to pretend not to know, bring the dog out to them to play with(even if they specifically ask you not to)so they get attached. Meanwhile I'm in the back with my thumb up my ass pretending to look up the price. Then when they're all nice and bonded with the dog I'd have to come out to tell them that instead of the $300ish they were expecting, it would be more like $2,500. Queue tears. Lots of fucking tears."-2muchpain