Did you hear? Prince William and Meghan Markle are getting married.
It's a match made in aristocratic heaven – the groom is a prince, and the bride is a Hollywood actress. Now it's time to countdown to the dress reveal. As royal dress-watchers adjust their binoculars and fashion designers sharpen their needles, let's take a look at the most memorable dresses of the past few decades.
14. Queen Jetsun Pema and King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
Happy 4th wedding anniversary of the King of Bhutan. Have a long life. http://t.co/hLYd6EKxif— Dorji Wangchuk (@Dorji Wangchuk)1444683522.0
13. Princess Salwa Aga Khan and Prince Rahim Aga Khan
American supermodel, 24, wears stunning ivory sari s she marries the eldest son of the Aga Khan in fairytale wedding http://t.co/hPjeEB69BA— Kamal Faridi (@Kamal Faridi)1378113363.0
12. Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah and Pengiran Haji Muhammad Ruzaini of Brunei.
Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah dressed in #BernardChandran Couture for her wedding. #Brunei #RoyalWedding http://t.co/k1VVxWny— FY Bernard Chandran (@FY Bernard Chandran )1348753896.0
11. Princess Caroline And Philippe Junot Of Monaco
Can we take a moment to appreciate how much Princess Caroline of Monaco looked like Princess Leia @ her 1978 wedding? http://t.co/xGhbvW201A— zzgator 🐊 (@zzgator 🐊)1434139343.0
10. Princess Anne Marie of Denmark and King Constantine II of Greece
"Mariages Royaux": On September 18, 1964 Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark wed King Constantine II of #Greece. #wedding https://t.co/pQ2sbN8oMR— La Fête Chic (@La Fête Chic)1474220910.0
9. Queen Soraya and Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlevi of Iran
@Dior atelier had all hands on deck to create Queen Soraya's couture gown for her 1951 wedding to the Shah of Persia http://t.co/k5wGXcR75h— Ephemeral Elegance (@Ephemeral Elegance)1437092090.0
8. Queen Felicia Ortiz and King Felipe of SpainSmart, sleek, sexy – those are the words that come to mind when describing the nuptial gown of Princess Letizia in her wedding to her prince in 2004.
7. Mabel Wisse Smit and Prince Johan Friso of NorwayWhen Mabel Wisse Smit wed the prince of Norway in 2004, her gown was bedecked in bows, and she wore a short, stylish train to match.
6. Crown Princess Masako and Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan
Happy 22nd wedding anniversary for Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan. http://t.co/D7ncB15k7H— Tesouras&Tiaras (@Tesouras&Tiaras)1433851785.0
5. Queen Rania of Jordan and Prince AbdullahIn 1993, 22-year-old Rania married Prince Abdullah in 1993 after less than a year of courtship. She wore a gold-trimmed gown that is the stuff of every girl's dreams.
4. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William
30 Things You Didn't Know About Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding https://t.co/U19OEreYXx https://t.co/aQjCpZRh5E— Women Who Trade (@Women Who Trade)1512944883.0
3. Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly of Monaco
Did You Know About Grace Kelly's Second (Pink!) Wedding Dress? https://t.co/COQD8dDKbc https://t.co/NumO1rYrHh— Marie Claire (@Marie Claire)1507212628.0