Horrific news just in.

TikTok star, Anthony Barajas, has been killed at a Purge screening at the age of just 19-years-old.

Barajas was a high school honour student, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise, however he was best known as 'itsanthonymichael', and had nearly a million followers on TikTok and more than 50,000 on Instagram at the time of his tragic death.

Paying tribute to Barajas, his family wrote:

With deep faith and the love of family and friends surrounding us, we are mourning the heart-wrenching passing of our beloved Anthony Barajas. From his quick smile to his compassionate heart, Anthony's presence was a gift to all who knew him. Please provide our family with the grace of space and privacy as we search for ways to keep Anthony's sweet spirit and legacy alive.

Barajas was on life support for several days before finally succumbing to injuries following a shooting at a cinema in Los Angeles.

Barajasand Rylee Goodrich were both shot in the head as they watched The Forever Purge at a cinema in Corona, southern California, about 50 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles, on Monday 26 July. It was their first date.

The pair were found by workers at the cinema after the last showing of the night.

Ms Goodrich died immediately while Barajas was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Police said they had attended the showing together.

On Saturday, it was confirmed by police that the teenager had died from his injuries. Police added that the shooting appeared to be random and unprovoked.

The suspected gunman, 20-year-old, Joseph Jiminez, appeared at Riverside County Superior Court on Friday after being charged with murder in the death of Ms Goodrich and attempted murder of Mr Barajas. Now, officers are working with prosecutors to add a second murder count following the death of Barajas.

Jimenez has not entered a plea and is due to appear in court again next week.

Jiminez has also been charged with a special circumstance of lying in wait, which makes him eligible for the death penalty if convicted as charged.

While Barajas was on life support, a GoFundMe was set up to raise money for his medical expenses. At the time of writing the money raised has exceeded $90,000.

Following his death, a friend of Barajas tweeted that he had become an organ donor.

Malik Earnest tweeted:

The injuries to his brain were irreparable. July 30th at 11 p.m., Anthony was wheeled down an 'honor walk' where he would ultimately donate his organs so others may live. Please continue to pray for his family and friends.

Our thoughts go out to both Barajas and Goodrich's family and friends during this awful time.

Rest in peace.