Washington Man Charged in Capitol Riot After FBI Recovers His Father’s Deleted Videos

Share on Facebook

A Washington man and his son are being charged in connection to the shocking attack on the U.S Capitol Building back in January following the discovery of deleted videos on the father’s smartphone.

It seems as if those responsible really aren’t getting away with their actions. Here’s the full story…

Now, although it’s been over 4 months since the shocking scenes unfolded at the U.S Capitol building…

via Getty

The world is still reeling from the aftermath of the violence unleashed on that fateful day.

It all started when former president, Donald Trump, held a “Save America” rally in Washington D.C, just a few miles away from the White House.

via Getty

Trump repeatedly told his crowd that he was “the real winner” of the 2020 election and how they needed to “take the election back” before finally telling them to “go down to the Capitol building” and “fight like hell for our country.”
He even said he’d be there alongside them which, of course, he didn’t mean literally.

This resulted in thousands of his supporters, all armed with MAGA merchandise and Trump flags, storming down to the U.S Capitol building and breaking in…

via Getty

Where hell was well and truly unleashed.

A joint session of Congress was underway to certify Biden’s election win when the rioters made their way into the building.

Thankfully, all members of the House and staff were safely evacuated but this didn’t mean things were over.
People began smashing down windows and doors, looting valuable items, and even breaking into Nancy Pelosi’s office and taking some of her personal possessions.

And to make things even more terrifying…

via Getty

Text messages were later discovered from one of the rioters describing his plans to “shoot and run over” Pelosi.
Thankfully, these terrible plans didn’t go ahead – but it just goes to show the alarming ideologies and ambitions held by many of the people present on that day.

While Trump was called on again and again to issue a televised statement to try and calm his supports, he instead (and eventually) tweeted a video telling his supporters to “go home”…

All while reminding them that they’re “very special” and that he “loves them.”
Of course, this wasn’t taken well by the very shaken-up members of Congress and it really didn’t help that Trump was refusing to take responsibility for the riots.

His reluctance to take responsibility then lead to him being suspended indefinitely from all major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram…

Of course, we all know how much Trump loved to tweet, so this was a huge deal.

And to make things even worse for the former president, on the afternoon of January 13th, Donald Trump was officially impeached…

via Getty

Making him the only president in U.S history to be impeached more than once.

But perhaps the worst thing that came out of this terrible event was the amount of death that was caused.

via Getty

5 people in total were killed during the riots, 4 of which were avid Trump supporters.

More tragedy was to follow in the days following the riots.

Capitol Police Officer Howard Liebengood died by suicide within days of responding to the scene.

And a second police officer later took his own life after responding to the riots.

In January, acting D.C. Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert J. Contee III revealed in his opening statement to a closed session of the House Appropriations Committee that one of his officers, Jeffrey Smith, died by suicide days after the riot.

But in the day following the riots, Capitol police officer, Brian D. Sicknick, who was attacked by numerous members of the violent mob, died in hospital.

He died from his injuries, according to The Guardian.

Officer Sicknick, who was forty-two, was reportedly struck in the head with a fire extinguisher while “physically engaging” with the rioters. He collapsed soon after returning to his division before being rushed to a nearby hospital.

It was later discovered, however, that Sicknick’s death wasn’t a result of blunt force trauma…

via Getty

But instead, it was a potential result of being exposed to too much pepper spray after being repeatedly sprayed by a rioter.

This just goes to show how violent the scenes really were at the Capitol building that day…

via Getty

And the people responsible have been slowly but surely tracked down one by one to face the consequences of their actions.

And the most recent charge was one that almost slipped through the cracks.

via Getty

A father and son from Battle Ground, Washington, are currently facing charges connected to the riot after FBI agents say they found video evidence in the “trash” file of the father’s smartphone, as per Komo News.

Jeremy Grace was arrested Wednesday in Molalla, Oregon on unlawful entry of a restricted building and other charges.

His father, Jeffrey Grace, was arrested back in February after being linked to the violent incident.

In an interview with the FBI, Jeffrey said he got separated from his son in the crowds before he entered the Capitol building…

But agents said they later checked his phone for evidence and found 3 selfie-style videos in the phone’s trash folder – all dated January 6th, 2021.

In one of those videos, both Jeffrey and Jeremy are seen inside the Capitol building.

via Getty

Court documents also revealed that the FBI later traced Jeremy’s phone number to a cell tower “in or near the U.S. Capitol building” on that day.

The evidence speaks for itself!

And Jeremy Grace made his first court appearance yesterday afternoon.

It just truly goes to show how people aren’t getting away with these heinous crimes.

via Getty

This is a developing story and updates will be posted accordingly.