Being single has long been regarded as one of life's worst curses - disclaimer, it definitely isn't - so, this week, a group of singletons decided to band together to put this stigma to bed once and for all...
And, guess what?
They have made the internet realize that there is actually a lot more to life than "finding the one."
Who'd have thought it, right?
But you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise because, for centuries now, society has instilled the ideology within us that, in order to excel in life, you must have found the perfect partner, have the perfect marriage, and have the perfect children.
Of course, this simply isn't the case...
But, thanks to these underlying expectations, many of us haven't known any better.
Of course, if you're engaged in a happy and healthy relationship with a partner, that's amazing.
And, if you want to be in a happy and healthy relationship, that's great too.
But it's important for us to remember that being single can be just as amazing...
And that's what one group of Reddit singletons wanted to communicate this week.
The loud and proud singletons took to the social platform to respond to the question, "What is a reason you are glad to be single?"
And their answers are perhaps the most empowering - and relatable - things you will read all week.
Let's take a look at some of the best ones...
1. "Stuff in my home is exactly where I left it."Card
This sounds like a dream.
2. "Not having to remember trivial dates."Card
Imagine a world without all these extra - and, let's face it, unneeded - responsibilities?
3. "I find it really annoying when I am living with a partner."Card
Let's be real, there isn't anything quite as lovely as your own space, is there?
4. "The planet is overpopulated, so there is no serious thought of reproduction."Card
Throw this at whichever parents dares to ask about the possibility of grandchildren.
5. "I can sleep in the middle of the bed with the fan on if I want."Card
Imagine the luxury!
6. "When I've been in a relationship, I always felt like I needed to check my phone 24/7."Card
For those who love to just switch off, single life could be for you!
7. "I am learning more about who I am as an individual instead of being someone's fiancé."Card
Many newly-single people often use the opportunity to explore themselves as individuals, not as part of a couple.
8. "Learned to love myself without needing anyone else's words of affirmation after being single for the first time in a few years."Card
Things we love to hear.
9. "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, without checking with anyone."Card
Sounds like a stress-free life, doesn't it?
10. "I don't want to take into account someone else's wants and needs when making life decisions."Card
Sometimes, being selfish is the only way forward.
11. "I get to play video games, watch movies, build the most expensive Lego sets, and focus on my job a lot more while totally uninterrupted."Card
Uninterrupted life sounds like bliss.
12. "I don't want to have to manage another's emotions."Card
A big part of being in a healthy and rewarding relationship is dealing and helping with your partner's emotions - and this isn't for everyone.
13. "It's better to be alone than be stuck with the wrong person."Card
Never before has a truer word been spoken.
14. "Talking to myself and not have it seem weird."Card
Each to their own...
15. "The only things stressing me are my own stressors."Card
And your own stressors alone are remarkably much less stressful than those of other people's.
16. "Love really messes with your brain chemistry in a powerful way."Card
Even science says so.
17. "Christmas is coming and I have no stress."Card
Let's face it, the holiday period is much less stressful when you're single.
18. "Midnight flatulence without a care."Card
Okay, this is definitely the worst part of any new relationship - save the awkwardness and sheer discomfort of holding farts in by staying single!
So, there you have it.
Being single isn't all bad, is it?
For more like this, scroll on...