Woman Says She Accidentally Swallowed an Apple AirPod

A woman has said that she accidentally managed to swallow an Apple AirPod after thinking it was something else.

Boy, that must’ve hurt.

Carli Bellmer, a twenty-seven-year-old from Boston, has shared a story on TikTok, and you just can’t help but go: “Huh?”

The original video was deleted by TikTok, but, she shared another video explaining exactly what had happened.

@iamcarliiib

For ✨educational✨ purposes heres what happened when I mixed up my #airpod and an ibuprofen. Here to share awareness #LevisMusicProject #fyp

♬ Oh No – Kreepa

The video was liked by 294.6k people and has since been viewed by 2.6 million.

In the original footage, Carli is crying, and as you can see for yourself, she’s clearly very panicked by the situation.

“I was crawling into bed and I had an Ibuprofen in 1 hand and my fu***** Airpod, my left earbud of the other, and I went to go put it in here,” she says in the video, pointing to her Airpod case.

“And I like threw something back, took my waterbottle, took a sip, and then realized it wasn’t an ibuprofen,” she continued.

After that, Carli had tried to “puke” the earphone up but continued to freak out because it wouldn’t make its way out of her body.

The TikToker said she wanted to repost the footage for educational purposes, because, believe it or not, it’s not the first time it’s happened.

Earlier in April, a mom took her daughter to A&E after her Airpod app told her that her earphone had been located in her daughter’s stomach, but, it was just a false alarm and a fault on the app’s part.

However, in Carli’s case, when her app notified her that an airpod had been detected to be “moving with her,” it wasn’t a false alarm.

@iamcarliiib

Finally out of clock app jail. Heres an update on the ACCIDENTAL airpod situation! Algorithm do ur thing #fyp #LevisMusicProject #airpodsjump

♬ Oh No – Kreepa

In a since updated video, the Airpod was detected to still be moving with her, showing the woman that she still had it in her stomach, however, this time, she was much calmer, even knowing it had still not passed through yet.

But, lucky for her, it’s now gone!

Carli got an X-ray to check whether it was still sitting in her stomach, and, it appeared to have passed!

Bad news? She lost her Airpod. But, there are worse things that could have happened, so, we’re glad you’re ok.

Moral of the story: Always check what’s in your hand before you swallow your pills.